Lost keyboard

bluski50

Dec 24, 2021
Visit site
OK, I'm a new owner of G Stylus 5g 2021. I bought in over-my-head. Don't need that much phone. (I liked the storage capability and the price.) I'm not much of a "digital nerd". Not discouraged that I bought the phone though. Seems high quality.

Anyway, my issue is that, in the Messages app, I have lost my keyboard, (page 1 only - not the symbols page.) I now have a blank space for cursive writing only. I can voice in text , but there are no capital letters. I'm almost sure I threw some setting off as I was messing with the stylus. I can't seem to come up with the fix. Any help for this issue will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

bluski50

bluski50

Dec 24, 2021
Visit site
The "input" part of the screen, (where the blank cursive part is) is on the lower part of the messages thread, and disappears when I select screenshot. Above the clear cursive part, there a selection bar for GIF, clipboard, settings,, mic, and a three-dot for options. Bar on bottom shows typical "keyboard page 2 selection".
I have a friend coming, (unfortunately he is an i-phone guy), but he is much more tech savvy than me. Maybe he can help us get further along here. I will report. Thanks

bluski50

Dec 24, 2021
Visit site
I will just add that when I start messages to initiate a chat, instead of keyboard appearing, the blank space where the keyboard should appear, says, HANDWRITE HERE.

bluski50

Dec 24, 2021
Visit site
Fabulous!!!! Problem solved. My first Stylus phone. I love how it worked in your demonstration here. Demo helped break through my thick head!!! lol Thanks very much.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Fabulous!!!! Problem solved. My first Stylus phone. I love how it worked in your demonstration here. Demo helped break through my thick head!!! lol Thanks very much.
Sometimes visual is good lol
Yeah i use this sometimes with my Spen Note 20u when using Gboard.

Your welcome!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz