Love my Maxx HD more each day

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm really beginning to love my new (two months) Razr Maxx HD more each day.

It's becoming as close to stock as one can get without an actual Nexus device!

New Gmail, new Google Calendar, now the new stock Android Keyboard. Added Nova launcher for stock look and feel and to replace Moto's icons with stock... I'm actually quite happy. A tweak of the free men setting and its now smooth as silk. And the battery is bottomless.

Posted via Android Central App

JFH8

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
This is great to hear. My RAZR Maxx HD arrives on Friday. I'm upgrading from the OG Droid RAZR.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
What is the free men setting?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
Sorry. Typo. Meant to say "free mem" as in memory. There's a tweak in ROM Toolkit to more aggressively purge RAM from idle background apps. Seemed to really help with lag when multiple apps were open (free RAM went from 90-110MB to 120-150MB consistently. Just that little bit seems to help considerably. Though the side effect is long idle apps in the background get dumped quicker.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I have minimal issues with mine. Only thing i find irritating is the status light flashing in the middle of the night. I know i have read that i can set up smart actions to dim it down but i am just too lazy to figure it out. So i end up covering the phone at night with a business card.

markymark

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I have minimal issues with mine. Only thing i find irritating is the status light flashing in the middle of the night. I know i have read that i can set up smart actions to dim it down but i am just too lazy to figure it out. So i end up covering the phone at night with a business card.

LOL...I just turn the phone over face down, then you can't see the light. (Of course I have a case on it so it's not lying flat on the glass.)

MbR24

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

there is also a notification toggle widget you can download (Moto is the Developer) right from the Play Store that will allow you to toggle the notification light off whenever you don't want it on. I know that might be a PITA to do every night, but yeah.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
there is also a notification toggle widget you can download (Moto is the Developer) right from the Play Store that will allow you to toggle the notification light off whenever you don't want it on. I know that might be a PITA to do every night, but yeah.

Do you happen to know the name ? I am not finding it.

Posted via Android Central App RAZR MAXX HD

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I use power toggles by painless death. It will put the toggles in pull down notification screen. There is a toggle for turning off the notification light.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myicc