Loving my Sprint Galaxy Note 3...is anyone else???

TenshiNo

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I noticed this too. But it only happens when my phone has been sitting for while. I mean, If it's been sitting for awhile and hasn't been used, then it takes a couple seconds for the screen to light up...also happens when turning off the screen. But if I use it, then come back a few minutes later, it's instant.

This is likely due to the phone going into "deep sleep" mode to conserve power when it hasn't been used for an extended period of time. I haven't really noticed this with my phone, specifically, but it makes sense.

Dronak

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Samsung has been better recently than they used to be about updates. The Sprint Epic 4G was especially bad for some reason.

Thanks for the info. I hope you're right. My only experience with Samsung updates so far was with my old 1st generation Epic (which was also my first Android device), and it was awful. At the time, it really soured me on Samsung, because I thought this was their top-of-the-line device and they were almost neglecting it, I thought. I was considering not buying another one of their phones. However, they do seem to make good hardware and the Note 3 had what I wanted and couldn't find elsewhere -- 32GB of memory and a microSD card slot for expandable storage. So I bought it and decided that I'd try not to focus too much on possible future Android OS updates. That way I won't get too upset when they're not prompt, but I am hoping that Samsung's better about OS updates now than they were before. The Note 3 is great, so as long as it doesn't get *too* out of date, I think I'll be quite happy with it. FWIW, I've read around the web that while Samsung has not officially confirmed KitKat for the Note 3, it's supposedly in testing already. If true, that bodes well for an update within a few months instead of most of a year. It would also suggest that you're right about Samsung being better about updates now. We'll see, I guess.

TenshiNo

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I hope you're right. My only experience with Samsung updates so far was with my old 1st generation Epic (which was also my first Android device), and it was awful. At the time, it really soured me on Samsung, because I thought this was their top-of-the-line device and they were almost neglecting it, I thought. I was considering not buying another one of their phones. However, they do seem to make good hardware and the Note 3 had what I wanted and couldn't find elsewhere -- 32GB of memory and a microSD card slot for expandable storage. So I bought it and decided that I'd try not to focus too much on possible future Android OS updates. That way I won't get too upset when they're not prompt, but I am hoping that Samsung's better about OS updates now than they were before. The Note 3 is great, so as long as it doesn't get *too* out of date, I think I'll be quite happy with it. FWIW, I've read around the web that while Samsung has not officially confirmed KitKat for the Note 3, it's supposedly in testing already. If true, that bodes well for an update within a few months instead of most of a year. It would also suggest that you're right about Samsung being better about updates now. We'll see, I guess.

You are correct: a few years ago (S2 era), Samsung was the absolute *worst* about updating their devices. I was an avid HTC guy, at the time, and always warned people who were looking at Samsung phones. Somewhere around the S3 coming out, they seemed to start taking Android seriously and I've seen their update schedules get much better over the past two years or so.

rey_1178

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
This is likely due to the phone going into "deep sleep" mode to conserve power when it hasn't been used for an extended period of time. I haven't really noticed this with my phone, specifically, but it makes sense.

I can live with that just fine when you consider the great battery life most of us are getting with this phone.

TenshiNo

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I can live with that just fine when you consider the great battery life most of us are getting with this phone.

Amen to that. I thought the battery life on the N2 was incredible, but the N3 has been noticeably better. I've even been setting my screen brightness a little brighter than I would have before and not even bothered with the couple of minor battery saving practices I was using with the N2 and I can still go two days with moderate use and have plenty of battery left over.

defector

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
am enjoying/loving my GN3 until the note 4, S pen take this beast of a phone over the top.thanks samsung....loving the 50.00 play store credit.yessssss

w7

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Came from the s4 after leaving the note 2. Really missed the screen size and am glad to have this thing finally :) .

freeze26

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I just got my GN3 coming from EVO 4G LTE loving it so far I'm going to play with the launcher tho best part is I only paid 5 bucks for it from BB

El Platanero

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes I love mine as well. I don't know what I was doing with any phone smaller. I came from BlackBerry to the s4 then to the note 3. No complaints of either prior phone but I know I will never return to a smaller phone. This thing rocks.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

callderek

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Went fro the Treo, to the Pre, Evo 4g, Evo 4glte. Now I'm loving the Note 3. The only thing HTC had to offer for the larger phones was the one Max. WAY too big. Listen to a lot of music and being able to play with the equalizer etc is huge.

Going thru the forums you read alot about how people are having all these different types of issues and/or complaints about the Note 3. I have to say I have been loving my Note 3. I have no complaints. Loving the screen, the battery life, the camera, the quickness and smoothness of the phone. This has been one of the best phones I have owned...and I'm have owned many phones lol.

Anyone else loving their Sprint Galaxy Note 3???

Posted via Android Central App

doofeysmum

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Loved my iPhone 4s but now I've got a note 3 + gear and I am just blown away!!!! Best phone ever! Can't put it down. Love it love it love it.....😆

elisheva60

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Going thru the forums you read alot about how people are having all these different types of issues and/or complaints about the Note 3. I have to say I have been loving my Note 3. I have no complaints.
Anyone else loving their Sprint Galaxy Note 3???
Posted via Android Central App

The most amazing phone ever! Still have tons of features to figure out. No better word than amazing ! What you all call bloatware I call cool apps. Never understood why people complain about free features. I bet there's very few people who have figured out everything this phone is capable of. I'm not even close.

MissouriFarmer

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
4 months now, everyday I have a moment that reminds me what a great phone my note 3 is. The screen is brilliant, the processor is lightning quick, the OS & (yes) TouchWiz is amazing. I use the SPen more and more.
My wife is jealous of my phone....
Somebody stop me!

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

midmadn

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I got mine for x-mas. My wife used to always grab my N3 and play with it. Every chance she got. It completely changed her opinion that she didn't need a new phone. She went from being more than happy with her HTC Evo lte to wanting a Note 3. She got hers about 10 days after x-mas.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

pgilrene

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I always doubt the offer of my father to take his note 3 in exchage of my s4 but when he bought iphone5s i try to use note 3 haha, no regrets better screen better performance.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz