LTE 46mm Classic arrived today.... Unable to activate

castone001

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else have this issue with Verizon activation?

Watch4 LTE Classic 46mm delivered today, Powered up and began the process. When we get to connect to provider I get an error message on the phones Galaxy Wearable app.
Unable to complete: please restart app and try again.

Contacted Samsung, they say its all good and should connect no problem to VZW
Contacted VZW they of course say its Samsung!
Round and round we go........

Then I go back to Samsung, talk to higher level support, he says simply oh we will need to replace your watch let me transfer you to ecommerce folks. Music hold for 20 mins!! UGH.

Samsung is now telling me that I need to initiate a return AND then reorder.

Guess what's not available on their website now, yup the 46mm LTE Classic.

very frustrating experience.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site

Watch4 LTE Classic 46mm delivered today, Powered up and began the process. When we get to connect to provider I get an error message on the phones Galaxy Wearable app.

Then I go back to Samsung, talk to higher level support, he says simply oh we will need to replace your watch let me transfer you to ecommerce folks. Music hold for 20 mins!! UGH.

Oh wow that stinks! Somebody else on here ordered a Verizon LTE one but I don't think they've gotten it yet.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
My Verizon LTE 46mm should be here tomorrow and I'll let you know how it goes.

Did you purchase the watch from Samsung or Verizon direct?

castone001

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
From Samsung. There were no "Select the Carrier" options when I ordered and I just went through it again just to see if I screwed up the order. No where are you asked to select the carrier like you do with a phone. Good luck tomorrow!!
I love the new look and feel of this watch though! :)

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
From Samsung. There were no "Select the Carrier" options when I ordered and I just went through it again just to see if I screwed up the order. No where are you asked to select the carrier like you do with a phone. Good luck tomorrow!!

Yeah I noticed that too. Hope I don't have issues setting up my LTE service with T-Mobile.

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site

THat happened to me when I got the GW3, it's samsung! Replaced it with another GW3 and it promptly activated.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site

That sucks! Unless you were able to specify carrier, there's no way in hell it's going to work. Samsung needs to load the Verizon sim before shipping. LTE versions are basically a cell phone shaped like a watch.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
That sucks! Unless you were able to specify carrier, there's no way in hell it's going to work. Samsung needs to load the Verizon sim before shipping. LTE versions are basically a cell phone shaped like a watch.

Can't that be done during activation?
I noticed on my Verizon order page that they already assigned a phone number to my watch.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Can't that be done during activation?
I noticed on my Verizon order page that they already assigned a phone number to my watch.

The last standalone Samsung watch I owned was a 3G Samsung Gear S2. I know they had some type of physical SIM loaded and the Gear S3 and Galaxy Watch were all supposed to be this way, but perhaps that has changed.

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
If I were you, before you return it, I would actually go into a VZW store and talk to someone there. The people on the stores have more tricks up their sleeves than you think and can sometimes handle things phone care can't, or won't. I had issues with my Watch 3 on Sprint when we migrated to T-Mobile and phone support was pretty useless, but in store, they got me fixed in 10 mins.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
If I were you, before you return it, I would actually go into a VZW store and talk to someone there. The people on the stores have more tricks up their sleeves than you think and can sometimes handle things phone care can't, or won't. I had issues with my Watch 3 on Sprint when we migrated to T-Mobile and phone support was pretty useless, but in store, they got me fixed in 10 mins.

Yeah I agree. Before I ordered from Samsung directly, I called T-Mobile and asked if I'd still be able to take my watch into a store and get help activating it if needed.

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I agree. Before I ordered from Samsung directly, I called T-Mobile and asked if I'd still be able to take my watch into a store and get help activating it if needed.

Just finished activating my GW4 LTE on Sprint/TMobile. Smooth as butter. I simply replaced my A2 LTE with my GW4 LTE, keeping my GW3 LTE activated as well. No issues whatsoever. YMMV.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
So I just set up my GW4 Classic, and I was able to transfer my DIGITS line to the watch without any problems. Haven't tested the remote connection yet, but so far so good!

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Update: remote connection works! Strangely, on the watch it doesn't say that it's remotely connected. It just says "T-Mobile." But on the Wear app it says I'm remotely connected by LTE.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klystron