LTE in Canada No longer with 4.2.2?

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Because they wanted to sell the phone as unlocked. The carriers won't allow that with LTE - they all have proprietary implementations of LTE and Google would have had the same update issues they had with the Galaxy Nexus.

That makes sense. So toss in the unapproved LTE and sell it as unlocked and let the users figure it out

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Hacking the few things that are there to maybe get you 1 band of LTE is hardly "LTE support" to me. LTE support to me means I put in my SIM and it works; but that's me.

Perhaps you need to read that link. Your comments regarding LTE are flat out incorrect. No hacking. Very soon in the USA, pop in your Tmobile sim card, enable LTE in settings, and you're done. If that's "hacking to you...well. I personally have been getting faster HSPA+ DL speeds on my N4 than either my LTE Gnex or LTE GS3 (slightly less UL...10mbps - 18mbps ave down!!) ....aannnd it works in my house which VZW LTE did not. About 10 miles from center city Philly. Who'd have thought I'd save so much and get better service? Now I can drop my home internet and save even more. Still, I'm pumped to see what kind of LTE speeds I'll get when Tmobile flips the switch. Surely won't affect my useage but it's nice to have it when it's available.

I guess now you'd have to do a bit of hacking if you've OTA updated to 4.2.2 radios. That's why I only flash, but it should only a minor incovenience for some if they care to be LTE capable.

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile is about to light up LTE nationwide in a month. So I'm sticking with 4.2.1.

Sent from my Nexus 4

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Same here. Running 4.2.2 with CM10.1 Nightlies.

I'm not messing with the radio!

Same here. I probably won't use LTE all the time especially if it's a battery hog but will be nice to have especially if WiFi Hotspot still works (I don't tether all the time but it's handy when needed)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

gigabitex2

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
LTE in Canada with koodo. Speeds are o.k and i have no problems with calls. Stock 4.2.2 with .33 radio.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364143928424.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364143928424.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 23

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
If you happen to be on Bell or Telus (not 100% sure about Telus though) thpse carriers have Dual Cell HSPA+ which is pretty damn fast and which the N4 is able to use even on 4.2.2. I've been getting about 20mbps near Toronto. Fine by me, it's more than worth not going LTE in order to escape carriers and OEM's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord