Major Help With Latest Droid 4 Update

FRSteve

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
So, I go to install the latest update for my Motorola Droid 4. It downloads, a little slow, but works. Then, it's stuck at the "Android is Upgrading - Starting Applications" screen for like twenty minutes. I try and restart it and now it's stuck at the screen where it looks like it's turning on. It has been like this for about thirty minutes already. Really worried about this and hoping one of you guys can help me out. The last thing I want to do is go to the damn Verizon store.

Thanks in advance.

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Could the update just be taking longer than you're willing to wait? Give it more time. Maybe do it overnight while you sleep?

Meanwhile, maybe some suggestions from other experienced posters with ICS/general OS updating can come through for you.

wanticsbad

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
I spent 12 hrs straight trying to download ics last Friday. Got stuck at the same spot. Tried everything anyone said on the forums, no luck. Downloaded and waited about 7 times....Then I read about *#*#checkin#*#* and dialed that in the phone. It gave an uninteresting response i don't remember. But then when I tried to download the ota again, it worked perfectly. I know nothing, don't know if it was just coincidence, but I'll pass my experience along.

vjr021

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
maybe it is a blessing... Read the posts about all the ICS issues, see if you want to be a part of that before you force the update... I'm going back to the old system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001