Manually enter APN Settings?

michaeltroger

Aug 12, 2017
Visit site
Unfortunately there is not yet an official way to enter APNs manually in Android Wear 2.0. So this is nothing LG specific - the same is for other smartwatches like the Huawei Watch 2 4G. As the virtual provider's (MVNO) APNs are usually not preconfigured you won't be able to connect. At the moment the only way to circumvent this is by rooting your watch. In my blog post I describe the process: https://michaeltroger.github.io/blog/2017/08/12/add-apn-in-android-wear-2

Aug 2, 2017
Visit site
Unfortunately there is not yet an official way to enter APNs manually in Android Wear 2.0. So this is nothing LG specific - the same is for other smartwatches like the Huawei Watch 2 4G. As the virtual provider's (MVNO) APNs are usually not preconfigured you won't be able to connect. At the moment the only way to circumvent this is by rooting your watch. In my blog post I describe the process:

Links omitted due to auto spam flagger.

Thanks for going over that in your blog post. I took the liberty of combining the info from the XDA link and your blog to come up with a series of steps that adds root without modifying /system and I have confirmed that it still receives updates, and keeps the APN. I got the update just today.

See my own post on the previously mentioned XDA thread.

DISCLAIMER, all responsibility is yours when tampering with the watch.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sam_274