Map-My-Ride and Screen Timeout Issues

tucg15

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi - I recently switched to a Galaxy S3 and have used Map-My-Ride on my old phones to track my cycling stats so naturally I decided to use it on the SIII. But I am having issues with the screen timing out. I have been searching the phone settings for an option to keep the screen from timing out but the longest option is 10 minutes. On my old phones I had the option of choosing "never" to have the screen time out. I contacted support for Map-My-Ride and they keep saying in the app itself is an option to choose which overrides the screen timeout settings on the phone but the option is not available even though they say it is. Now I am at a loss and am looking for help from you guys. Anyone have this issue or know how to solve it?? It's driving me nuts. Thanks!!

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi - I recently switched to a Galaxy S3 and have used Map-My-Ride on my old phones to track my cycling stats so naturally I decided to use it on the SIII. But I am having issues with the screen timing out. I have been searching the phone settings for an option to keep the screen from timing out but the longest option is 10 minutes. On my old phones I had the option of choosing "never" to have the screen time out. I contacted support for Map-My-Ride and they keep saying in the app itself is an option to choose which overrides the screen timeout settings on the phone but the option is not available even though they say it is. Now I am at a loss and am looking for help from you guys. Anyone have this issue or know how to solve it?? It's driving me nuts. Thanks!!
Good post. I didn't realize I had this problem until now :). On rides I usually keep my phone in a CamelBak, so the screen timeout is not a problem. When using the phone for hikes, though, I think what you're proposing is a good option to have. I just checked and also don't see where in the app to set a screen override.

tucg15

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Good post. I didn't realize I had this problem until now :). On rides I usually keep my phone in a CamelBak, so the screen timeout is not a problem. When using the phone for hikes, though, I think what you're proposing is a good option to have. I just checked and also don't see where in the app to set a screen override.

Dog5000 - The support group for MapMyRide insisted there as an option for that but I cannot find it anywhere. I even deleted the app and re-installed as they suggested and still got nothing. I have downloaded the StayAwake app and will give that a shot but it's unfortunate I have to have a separate app for that. It really should be an option in the app itself. It's like what's the point if I cannot see my stats as I ride. That's what the whole app is about!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm not sure what the back light controluploadfromtaptalk1367013689635.jpgactually does, since I just downloaded the app to see what was going on, but if it's not that then I don't see any other general setting like what you're describing. Unless there's something that only gets enabled once you start a workout.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

rexxman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Saw this solution on a post by ProblemShredder. I had same concern as you, but my concern was when using my phone in the car as a navigation device.

Prerequisite is phone being externally charged. You could accomplish this with an external battery. I recently purchased a 9,000 mah battery on Aamazon for about $45.

Ok, the setting you are looking for is under developer options. It's called "Stay awake".

Robert White1

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site

Go to market and get screebl beta, it's free and is beta only because of jeleybean update. It will stay on when in a viewing position, but blanks the screen when the phone is laid down, (user adjustable)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Go to market and get screebl beta, it's free and is beta only because of jeleybean update. It will stay on when in a viewing position, but blanks the screen when the phone is laid down, (user adjustable)

Those apps are good, but only in conjunction with an app like intelliscreen

Atleast that's how I use it I have apps that I want my timeout to be 'never' then I have apps that I want it to be on for 2 minutes, but sometimes I'm in that app in which the timeout is two minutes and I wanna keep reading, so I just hold my device in position and it doesn't go off

I don't use screebl anymore tho, I find 'keep screen on' to work better
Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 with a 7000mah extended battery... Because I'm not a chick with dainty hands or an HTC one user :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hapily02