mdnsd killing my battery

Clint Wilcoxen

May 18, 2016
Visit site
I have exact same problem with my Droid Maxx with Verizon as my carrier. Problem started showing up recently.

Me too. (Also a Droid Maxx) Can't figure this one out. I did a factory reset and clean install of apps. The problem came back, but it took a week. No new apps have been installed since the initial ones a week ago.

RVRon

Feb 11, 2017
Visit site
I have exact same problem with my Droid Maxx with Verizon as my carrier. Problem on started showing up recently.
I have a Droid Maxx as well and had the exact same problem with battery drain caused by mdnsd. I isolated it to the Facebook app by first force stopping the program (no battery drain), then reinstating it (renewed battery drain). I ultimately deleted the FB app and have had no reappearance of mdnsd. I miss the app but it's only a little less convenient to use the browser and go to the actual FB page on the web.

jeff1rey

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
I have a Droid Maxx as well and had the exact same problem with battery drain caused by mdnsd. I isolated it to the Facebook app by first force stopping the program (no battery drain), then reinstating it (renewed battery drain). I ultimately deleted the FB app and have had no reappearance of mdnsd. I miss the app but it's only a little less convenient to use the browser and go to the actual FB page on the web.

I don't understand why Verizon can't solve this problem!!!!!!!!!!