[MOD][EL29]Disable Increasing Ringtone

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Alright guys here a flashable zip that will remove the that annoying increasing ringtone

What this is?
-This replaces the phone.apk with a modified phone.apk

Requirements?
-Rooted and Clockworkmod/Rogue/ACS
-EL29
-Deodexed
-Should work on all roms but most incorporate this already so it is really just meant for stock EL29

How to use?
-Place on sdcard
-Reboot into recovery
-Make a back up
-Flash zip
-Reboot

Credits:
-nivron for the E4GT guide here: [MOD]/[HOWTO] Remove Ascending Ringtone Volume
-the_ozyrys for the initial modification here: [MOD] Disable the increasing ring on Galaxy S
-Paul627G for teaching me

Download:
Remove Increasing Ringer Mod

Please give your feedback.

Reactions: JayWill

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I may have to push this over to my ICS ROM. I hate the increasing ringtone with a passion. Thanks for posting this.

Your welcome, I'm sure you know the associated risk for pushing this on ICS. As soon as I start running ICS as a daily rom ill start figuring out how to decompile and mod ICS.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Your welcome, I'm sure you know the associated risk for pushing this on ICS. As soon as I start running ICS as a daily rom ill start figuring out how to decompile and mod ICS.

Yeah I do. I couldn't expect too much harm though other than the phone app FCing. I may just leave well enough alone though. I'm trying not to put any time into the ICS system since leaks are coming so often.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Heads up on the ICS stuff Jay/dtm... Not sure how things are playing out for you guys yet but for the rest of us on ICS but Contacts.apk which handles the phone duties in ICS has had known problems with being de compiled and re compiled. It appears to all go as planned but refuses to be recognized when flashed...

So just a heads up if you mess with this and it doesn't seem to work this could be why...

Reactions: dtm_stretch

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Heads up on the ICS stuff Jay/dtm... Not sure how things are playing out for you guys yet but for the rest of us on ICS but Contacts.apk which handles the phone duties in ICS has had known problems with being de compiled and re compiled. It appears to all go as planned but refuses to be recognized when flashed...

So just a heads up if you mess with this and it doesn't seem to work this could be why...

I am sure you pro's can get this stuff figure out by the time we see an official release.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Well no pro here but its well known by Brut.all (dev) of APK TOOL and other associated tools that this problem exists. Actually a real bummer because I would love to be able to get into the XMLs on Contacts and do some mods....

Just have to wait and see how it goes...

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
For anyone interested here is FC06's Phone.apk edit to remove the increasing ringer. This has to be pushed with root explorer or something similar to system/app. For some reason on these leaks you can pull with adb but you can't push or use adb reboot.

I appreciate all feedback.