Modem draining cell phone battery?

A

AC Question

So about a week ago, I noticed the wifi download and upload arrows on my phone always blinking, even when No apps were open and nothing was being used. And this obviously caused a lot of battery drain overnight too. This kept happening for a few days and then I went elsewhere and connected to that Wifi network and this problem was gone. No arrows were blinking, no battery drain. But ever since I came back again I'm having the same issues. Arrows always blinking, Android OS and Android system draining the most battery ( Also, I compared the data sent/received in these two categories under battery, and while I was connected to the bad wifi, they were in huge amounts, but when it's any other wifi network, it's barely anything, which is further proof it has to be my modem). What do you think I should do. My ISP keeps saying to get my devices checked but I know for sure it's not that. Anyone else who connects to our network complains about battery drain as well. Any tips? Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Use your wi-fi network for a while, and then go to Settings>Data Usage>Wi-fi Data Usage, and see what's using the most data.