Moto 360 Keeps Turning Off. Please Help!

BabyBelle01

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
I have a 1st generation Moto 360. It turns off, and it won't power back on unless it is on the charging dock. When it turns off, it just goes to a blank screen. It does this even though it has battery life (e.g., 77%). Also if I manually turn it off, it won't power back on unless on the dock.

The watch and phone (Samsung S7 Edge) were unpaired, and a factory reset was performed. The watch still turns off after a few minutes to an hour, and now I can't re-pair the watch and phone. The phone and watch can't seem to see each other.
If this helps, I am running Andriod Wear 1.4.0.2580363, Play Services 9.4.52, and Andriod OS 6.0.1.

Thanks in advance. I could really use some assistance with this. Right now, my watch is useless. :(

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Based on the info you provided i would guess the watch has a bad battery. OR it may have a defective button. Thats the only way i know to turn mine on after i turn it off, long pressing of the button. But that wouldnt have anything to do with the button. Im guessing its powering off on its own when you say It turns off.

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Mine has started doing the exact same thing recently. Has there been an update recently that's caused this? Seems a bit coincidental.

Posted via the Android Central App

brycewat

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Same here, shuts down randomly, even though it says battery is charged. Sometimes it lasts a few minutes, up to a few hours, but it's been consistently dying since last update

Hi,
I have a 1st generation Moto 360. It turns off, and it won't power back on unless it is on the charging dock. When it turns off, it just goes to a blank screen. It does this even though it has battery life (e.g., 77%). Also if I manually turn it off, it won't power back on unless on the dock.

The watch and phone (Samsung S7 Edge) were unpaired, and a factory reset was performed. The watch still turns off after a few minutes to an hour, and now I can't re-pair the watch and phone. The phone and watch can't seem to see each other.
If this helps, I am running Andriod Wear 1.4.0.2580363, Play Services 9.4.52, and Andriod OS 6.0.1.

Thanks in advance. I could really use some assistance with this. Right now, my watch is useless. :(

alison actually

Oct 1, 2016
Visit site
Sorry, no answers but another example of the same problem.
Moto 360 Gen 1, been great until a couple of months ago and has been paired with various android phones. Now it turns itself off randomly, and not due to low battery. I cant detect any pattern of use, or any particular app that triggers it. It happens in the middle of using it to reply to a message or when it has been on my wrist, unused for an hour. I sometimes get a buzz to accompany the shutdown, but not sure if it always does, because sometimes I don't notice until it is already off. It is a hard shutdown, just goes blank, no messages. It wont restart without being on the dock so I often find I have a watch-shaped bracelet for half the day until I can get to a charging dock. Close to unusable, certainly unreliable. Sad Panda.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
All of that can be an indication of a bad battery. Your device has a very small battery to start off with. Anytime a load is put on the battery it will incur a voltage drop and thus powering off.
In standby its fine, but when the screen is on, and your "using it" the processor ramps up and all this draws more current, thus putting a load on a battery which is bad and you have voltage drop. Even a notification in standby will cause this as the vibrate motor tries to spin up and draws more current.

smd9

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Mine has been doing this too since September. So does this mean that all our batteries started dying around the same time? I actually got the watch replaced after almost a year of having it (just before the warranty expired), so my watch battery should be newer than most.

If it's the battery, why wouldn't it turn on again after shutting down?

It seems some thing else might at play here. In case it makes any difference, mine has never died while using it (which would be the most CPU intensive, hence battery draining times).

Keiki63

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
Exact same problem here; 90% charge even, and shuts down. Have to put it on the charger to restart. If I remember correctly, it started happening after the last update. This is so frustrating! I've had mine just over 2 years.

gksmithlcw

Software Engineer
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Same problem here... Right around 75% and it shuts down and won't power back on until I put it on its charging cradle. Same as far as powering it down manually and having to place it on its charging cradle too.

Has anyone been able to come up with an explanation of the behavior or, better yet, a solution?

Hi,

Jeffrey Lem

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Exact same problem here; 90% charge even, and shuts down. Have to put it on the charger to restart. If I remember correctly, it started happening after the last update. This is so frustrating! I've had mine just over 2 years.
Yeah Mine too, its getting even worst Mine shutsdown at 95%, i can't do anything with my watch

virtuaxe

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I've been having this problem since about September. It shuts down randomly but also it shuts down intermittently when I use apps that use camera / mic - Shazam and Pixtocam. It's like Lenovo released an update to phase out the 1st gen moto 360

Khoa lam

Nov 19, 2016
Visit site
Same issues aswell. Noticed that it would turn off when its connected to bluetooth (LG backbeats) on while running etc. I would randomly check the watch during the run and ok at first, then maybe 1/2 or so later it would shut. The timing was always different but usually the same result. Found another post, Frustrated - 360 turns off randomly | Moto 360 that later discuss it could be Android Wear latest versions so I checked what version and reverted. No luck? Bad battery maybe? Don't know. Looking to see if anyone has another solution. Going to research and see how easy/cost affective it is to change the battery, otherwise I'll be looking at a Samsung Gear s2 classic.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Same issue as all of you. I turned mine into just a watch with a fancy face (ie no bluetooth) and it's been running fine all day. I'd really like to know what is going on. If it's a battery this just sucks.

Oh, nevermind, I just went into settings and it just shut down with about 70% battery left.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe