Moto 360 Keeps Turning Off. Please Help!

Chris Kelemen

Sep 28, 2017
Visit site
Hey I have been having the exact same problem with my moto 360. After a few hours it shuts down and I can't turn it back on without the charger. I have yet to have it shut down when using an app though.

anandsihra

Nov 26, 2017
Visit site
I just bought a Moto 360 1st gen with this issue. Watch was shutting off at 55 percent. What I found fixed the issue was rebooting it into recovery, wiping the cache, and also doing a factory reset through recovery. After that, I put it on the charger and it showed 5 percent battery. Let it fully charge, and haven't had an issue since. Hopefully this helps some of you!

albie999

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I just bought a Moto 360 1st gen with this issue. Watch was shutting off at 55 percent. What I found fixed the issue was rebooting it into recovery, wiping the cache, and also doing a factory reset through recovery. After that, I put it on the charger and it showed 5 percent battery. Let it fully charge, and haven't had an issue since. Hopefully this helps some of you!

How do you wipe the cache .... my watch just started doing this as well. No probs doing factory reset, but not sure how to do the cache wipe

Phalstar

Nov 28, 2018
Visit site
How do you wipe the cache .... my watch just started doing this as well. No probs doing factory reset, but not sure how to do the cache wipe

1.) Turn off the watch
2.) Hold down the button until you feel it pulse twice, then release. (I had to have mine on the charger to get it to start) It vibrated once, and then twice.
3.) Bootloader should show up, quick press to change the mode from Normal to recovery mode, then long press to start recovery.
4.) Android Robot should pop up. Press the button again.
5.) You should now be able to swipe to select wipe cache, pressing the button to select, then again to do the factory reset.
6.) Now select reboot.

I can't say whether this solves the issue or not, I'm still waiting on mine to finish charging enough to do the initial load. Fingers crossed!

*UPDATE* It didn't solve the issue. It at first appeared to as it ran smoother than usual and longer than usual, but still randomly shut off. :-(

Last edited:

David H Wang

Jun 22, 2019
Visit site
1.) Turn off the watch
2.) Hold down the button until you feel it pulse twice, then release. (I had to have mine on the charger to get it to start) It vibrated once, and then twice.
3.) Bootloader should show up, quick press to change the mode from Normal to recovery mode, then long press to start recovery.
4.) Android Robot should pop up. Press the button again.
5.) You should now be able to swipe to select wipe cache, pressing the button to select, then again to do the factory reset.
6.) Now select reboot.

I can't say whether this solves the issue or not, I'm still waiting on mine to finish charging enough to do the initial load. Fingers crossed!

*UPDATE* It didn't solve the issue. It at first appeared to as it ran smoother than usual and longer than usual, but still randomly shut off. :-(

It work on my moto 360 1st. Thanks. The cache cause the problem, factory reset not work, but wipe cache worked.