Moto X (2014) Pre-Order

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Order placed. 32GB black with bamboo back. Estimated delivery on Sep 26th

$50 .edu credit didn't work and the 16GB is not available for 22 days, so went with the 32 instead.

CORRECTED - The edu discount credit does appear to work on the 32GB since it accepted it the 2nd time. I'll have to try contact support to have them adjust my existing order.

Bamboo and black? I was thinking that but need to see how it looks. Did they let you see a 360 of it on motomaker? In meetings now...ugh

Posted via Nexus 5

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Good news considering I killed my moto x earlier today.

Posted via Android Central App
54391440.jpg

Mr.Pibb

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I just couldn't seem to get through checkout without some sort of error. Tried lots of combinations of the "pure edition" and kept getting errors when hitting the final "submit". Just tried a minute ago and it went through...but the estimated ship date is now October 13. Grr!

Brian me

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Looks like its not happening, I spent 3 hours trying to buy this phone and now it wont be available until Oct 13th, so at this point it only make since to see what Google unveils with there Nexus X. Motorola failed big time.

intrepid359

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
OK, here's how to fix that... I just dealt with both.

Remove everything from your cart.
Clear your browser's cache.
Start the process from scratch.
Make sure your credit card info matches what your bank has on file exactly. Make sure your ship-to and bill-to addresses are the same. Make sure that when you enter your zip code, the "City" field doesn't choose the wrong city.

Order.

If it gives you the credit card error, go back to Motorola.com, click on the cart icon, and go through the order process again.

drew_sf

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Bamboo and black? I was thinking that but need to see how it looks. Did they let you see a 360 of it on motomaker? In meetings now...ugh

Posted via Nexus 5

Yes 360 view works. Now that bamboo doesn't come with the white plastic trim, getting it with the black front panel and metal trim should look OK.

Brian me

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
OK, here's how to fix that... I just dealt with both.

Remove everything from your cart.
Clear your browser's cache.
Start the process from scratch.
Make sure your credit card info matches what your bank has on file exactly. Make sure your ship-to and bill-to addresses are the same. Make sure that when you enter your zip code, the "City" field doesn't choose the wrong city.

Order.

If it gives you the credit card error, go back to Motorola.com, click on the cart icon, and go through the order process again.

I tried that, even tried IE firefox and chrome browsers

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Pre-orders will start on Tuesday. Who's ordering

I decided to go with a pure edition 32gb Cognac Leather w/Metallic Red trim and black front. Had some trouble getting it to take my Amex. Switched over to a Visa card and it went through fine. Unfortunately order isn't due until October 13th but I have some other gadgets coming in the meantime to keep me busy so that's not too bad.

Last edited:

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Just ordered a pure edition 32 GB with black/black/gray trim from my Nexus 5. Order went through with no issues. Delivery scheduled for 10/13/24.

Just need the tempered glass screen protector And TPU case now!

Posted via Nexus 5

med322

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

Does anyone know how long it's going to take to ship? Will it really take until next Wednesday to ship (for a 2-day delivery for the 26th)? Or does Moto typically ship quicker, based on last year's Moto X?

akmduncan

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Success, right after 9am PDT. 32Gb bamboo and black, AT&T model. I thought about getting the pure edition but thought it might be safer to stick to att version. I always disable the att apps anyway.

Alan

Posted via Android Central App

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Does anyone know how long it's going to take to ship? Will it really take until next Wednesday to ship (for a 2-day delivery for the 26th)? Or does Moto typically ship quicker, based on last year's Moto X?

They shipped quicker than they said last year. But they shipped from Fort Worth and I live in DFW. Not sure where they are shipping from this year.

Posted via Nexus 5

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

Any idea when I can walk into ATT and check it out/buy one? I've read the 22nd or 23rd but those are just rumors.

drew_sf

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
.edu discount code seems to work with white front panel configurations as the black one seems to be sold out at the moment. I ordered the white front panel to get the discount and will consider returning it for a black panel version in the future. I just placed the order and still got a 9/26 ship date.