Moto X (2nd Gen) Pure Edition XT1095: 5.0 Lollipop Update (22.21.11)

jay_cee#IM

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
You folks that just got the new update: Are you coming from KitKat or from the earlier Lollipop release (that got cut off)?

I am wondering if they are pushing this out to the KitKat people first or those of us (including myself) that have broken Bluetooth on Lollipop.

mrjspeed

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
You folks that just got the new update: Are you coming from KitKat or from the earlier Lollipop release (that got cut off)?

I am wondering if they are pushing this out to the KitKat people first or those of us (including myself) that have broken Bluetooth on Lollipop.

I had sideloaded (no root) the first 5.0 release and I didn't get a notification for an update. Still says up to date.

chris20nyy

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
EOD today..

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417580471095.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417580471095.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 74
  • uploadfromtaptalk1417580480863.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417580480863.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 75
  • uploadfromtaptalk1417580486787.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417580486787.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 82
  • uploadfromtaptalk1417580493143.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417580493143.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 101

footysr

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site

I received the OTA 5.0 update a few hours ago, was running 4.4.4.

chris20nyy

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
You're causing yourself a problem, though - especially in a phone with a non-removable battery. Recharge at the 40%-60% point, or you'll be paying a lot to replace batteries. See Battery University - How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries. Running the battery down to near 0 (which is what I think you're planning on doing) gives you about 350 charge cycles. If you use the full charge every day, that means replacing the battery in less than a year - and suffering with a battery that holds less and less charge as it ages during that year. (It's one reason I won't buy a phone that doesn't have a field-replaceable battery - I always carry at least one fully charged spare.)
?
Well, Ive had a few non replaceable battery devices, never experienced degradation in a battery. My beloved nexus 4 has been 20 months strong, battery is awesome on lollipop. Get 4+ hours SOT.

There's no evidence or theory that suggests you have to charge your phone at 40-50% to keep battery longetivity up. If that the case your doing TWICE the charging, subjecting your battery to charges/discharges twice as much. I can't imagine that being good for the battery.

Loc Huynh

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I held onto my nexus s as long as I could have using cyanogenmod updates. I didn't realize the battery had degraded until I decided to buy a new battery. I squeezed out an extra year of use cause the battery was easily replaced.

cshmech

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Im too excited after the comments here. I got Android L on nov 12th, but the system version is still 22.11.6.. In kitkat, i was getting better battery and now after the 5.0 update the performance decreased drastically! Aside from battery life, it was becoming laggy and slow.. the very reason i bought a stock android phone.. I knew there was something wrong with the device or maybe Lollipop had too many bugs. But 22.21.11 looks promisisng to fix most of the issues. Still haven't got it yet.. But i will wait for it rather than trying to install it manually and screwing up.. Im not a techy... ;)

jay_cee#IM

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
?
Well, Ive had a few non replaceable battery devices, never experienced degradation in a battery. My beloved nexus 4 has been 20 months strong, battery is awesome on lollipop. Get 4+ hours SOT.

There's no evidence or theory that suggests you have to charge your phone at 40-50% to keep battery longetivity up. If that the case your doing TWICE the charging, subjecting your battery to charges/discharges twice as much. I can't imagine that being good for the battery.

That's not quite true, if you look at Table 2 in that link, it shows that if you go from a 100% depth-of-discharge to 50% depth-of-discharge you get MORE than twice the number of battery cycles before your capacity drops to 70%. That means that a 50% depth-of-discharge does offer real battery protection over a 100% depth-of-discharge.

What I find interesting there is that if you keep going and compare a 25% depth-of-discharge to a 50% depth-of-discharge, you have less-than-doubled which means a 25% DoD is worse for your battery than a 50% DoD. A 50% DoD seems to be the sweet-spot, at least in that table.

It probably isn't worth stressing over, but if I am at my desk I do try to keep my battery from dropping below 40% or so.

dsneedmd

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
System Update now works for Pure Moto X (2014)

Just got Lollipop by going to update system under about phone in settings and asking if I'm up to date. OTA underway I guess.:)

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: System Update now works for Pure Moto X (2014)

Just got Lollipop by going to update system under about phone in settings and asking if I'm up to date. OTA underway I guess.:)

I got it yesterday! BUt I'm signed up for the soak test. Are you?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I had sideloaded (no root) the first 5.0 release and I didn't get a notification for an update. Still says up to date.

Also, even though others have seen the OTA, Motorola still has not officially release this OTA. This is why everybody is not getting this update.

mrjspeed

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
If you sideloaded .5, you will never get an update notification

Why is that? I didn't root, I basically copied a zip and "installed update from sd card" using recovery tools already installed on the phone. Didn't use ADB or anything like that, just what was already on the bone stock phone. Are you saying now I will never get another OTA notification in the future? This is my first real Android phone so I'm new to this process.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onais