Moved to iOS

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Different strokes for different folks. My wife has the iPX and there is nothing about that phone that entices me, not the OS, build, look or camera. It's BORING and just another iPhone but hey that's just me.

Agreed
My wife has a S9+ and I haven’t touched it since I set it up. Cannot stand Samsung UI
In my case I haven’t kept any android phone for this long since my windows mobile and blackberry days!!

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Agreed
My wife has a S9+ and I haven’t touched it since I set it up. Cannot stand Samsung UI
In my case I haven’t kept any android phone for this long since my windows mobile and blackberry days!!
Samsung makes very good phones, build wise, if they stripped down TW even more and gave customers the option to add certain features they wanted from the play or Samsung app store a la carte, that may change people's outlook on their devices. Lots of people don't care for Samsung cause of TW but then again, there a lot that do. Beauty of Android I guess.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Agreed
I can't do Samsung anymore. I always turned off as much as I could and made it look as stock as possible. No more, boy the bullet on a Pixel 2 and I'm not going back. As for iOS, I can't stand it when I have to do something on my wife's iPhone or iPad.
Samsung makes very good phones, build wise, if they stripped down TW even more and gave customers the option to add certain features they wanted from the play or Samsung app store a la carte, that may change people's outlook on their devices. Lots of people don't care for Samsung cause of TW but then again, there a lot that do. Beauty of Android I guess.
That's what I used to do back when you could easily root them. Root a note, put AOSP on it and get great performance and battery life.

Most I know that do think Samsung is Android and don't know there's anything else. They don't even look at anything else other than "the Galaxy" other "the note".

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I have the Pixel 2 XL and the iPhone X. I haven't used my iPhone X in a few weeks now because I strongly prefer Android. iPhone's notifications just plain sucks and iOS is boring as hell. And the battery life on the iPhone X is lackluster.

I was originally planning on getting the bigger iPhone X this fall, but I'm going to grab the Pixel 3 XL instead.

Vega007

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
Update after a few months:

Still very happy with iPhone X. I was surprised myself - I thought I’ll definitely get bored of iOS by now.
Mainly because everything just works and how good the phone feels in my hand. Also it’s the perfect size for me. Only thing I miss is the pixel2 or Lumia 95 camera and ok google.
I don’t think I’ll be Coming back to android anytime soon. May be if pixel 3 looks really good, aesthetically.

I am right there with ya.

rickkel

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So that must be why anytime I email someone with an iPhone they never respond. I always (yes, always) have to text them "read your damned emails"

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I will say that i for my mom a iPad and hooked up a wireless printer and was floored work how easy the iPad printed to it. Literally 2 steps and done.

And i can't do the same with Google print lol.

ZDriver

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I returned my Pixel 2 XL and got the Note 8 because of the blue screen. My work phone is an iPhone X. Im DYING for the Pixel 3 XL because i hate the Note 8 (Laggy). The iphone X is not bad, it actually has awesome battery life but iOS is not for me. Please Google get the screen right on the Pixel 3 XL.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I will say that i for my mom a iPad and hooked up a wireless printer and was floored work how easy the iPad printed to it. Literally 2 steps and done.

And i can't do the same with Google print lol.
I did. I use google cloud print all the time. Used airprint as well and both are equally easy to use.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I returned my Pixel 2 XL and got the Note 8 because of the blue screen. My work phone is an iPhone X. Im DYING for the Pixel 3 XL because i hate the Note 8 (Laggy). The iphone X is not bad, it actually has awesome battery life but iOS is not for me. Please Google get the screen right on the Pixel 3 XL.
My October 2017 P2 XL works perfectly without much blue tint. I never notice it anyway.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I have the Pixel 2 XL and the iPhone X. I haven't used my iPhone X in a few weeks now because I strongly prefer Android. iPhone's notifications just plain sucks and iOS is boring as hell. And the battery life on the iPhone X is lackluster.

I was originally planning on getting the bigger iPhone X this fall, but I'm going to grab the Pixel 3 XL instead.
Me too! I think I'll skip this year's iPhone.
Android FTW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tanostu7