Moving to Android, need help with choosing right phone. Anybody help?

dda_k

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
Moving to Android, need help with choosing right phone.

Heya,
I'm moving from Windows to Andriod. Well atleast giving an Andriod a try.
This is going to be my very first Andriod phone so I need some help with choosing the right one.
Since I come from Windows I don't expect to see phone lag or hang on menu or something. I don't like Samsungs, they always felt slow and low for me so don't reccomend me one. Not more than 4.7-5 inch, not even 5.2 thats already too big.
Snap 800+
2GB Ram+
Preferably 32gbs internal memory

Alright, thanks for help already :)

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Moving to Android, need help with choosing right phone.

Welcome to Android Central!

As mentioned above, service provider would be a great help to give you more suitable suggestions.

Price range?

May I add, when was the last time you used a Samsung device, do you know OS version, and type of Samsung it was?

Older OS or lower models of Samsung devices did/does have problems with lag. Lag is nonexistent on healthy S6 and Note 5 from my personal experience. S5 and Note 4 running 5.1.1 shouldn't have any lag either. Older OS like Kitkat on Samsung, the Touchwiz UI was what lagged up phones. The TW UI has been slimmed dramatically down.

dda_k

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: Moving to Android, need help with choosing right phone.

I'm from easter Europe so my carriers doesn't affect anything.
I would rather go for either Sony, Huawei or LG. I think they modify Android so much that it lags or something? I don't see any use for that Edge and Samsung phones feel a bit overpriced also Notes are way too big. I was never a fan of such big phones.
Help me out here, don't ask why I'm not going for samsungs just help me find the right Android. Ok, thinking about getting 5.2 inch phones because not many manufacturers released 5 inch phones in my country. Battle between Sony Z3 and Huawei P8.
EDIT:
dumpedduce, thanks for information. Yeah TouchWiz I think was that thing that kinda creeped me away from Samsungs.
Sony Xperia Z3 - Any users here? Which is the phone? Lag much?

Last edited: