Mugen 1950mAh Slim Extended Battery for HTC Rezound

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Does this battery grey out the battery meter at the top of the phone as some other non HTC battery's supposedly do?

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
On the stock battery, I'd only get about 6-8 at the most. 12 with the Mugen.
No, the new battery does not gray out the battery meter. It's just like the stock with just a little extra push of power. Everything looks and acts exactly the same, no bulky back, and was worth the buy to me!

Reactions: dmark44

piaband

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have the htc extended battery, something around 2700 mAh. It's awesome. It does add some girth to the phone but I don't care. It's so fricken nice to not worry about charging through a full day.

Sent from my rooted HTC Rezound

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I have the htc extended battery, something around 2700 mAh. It's awesome. It does add some girth to the phone but I don't care. It's so fricken nice to not worry about charging through a full day.

Sent from my rooted HTC Rezound

Yeah.. I would love that extra power, but I really wanted a battery that fits in the phone 'as is'.
Just personal taste. I like the thickness of the phone without having to add any more girth.. but that's just me.

I see your point, though!

MarkSeven

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah.. I would love that extra power, but I really wanted a battery that fits in the phone 'as is'.
Just personal taste. I like the thickness of the phone without having to add any more girth.. but that's just me.

I see your point, though!

I agree, this phone doesn't need any more size added to it! Lol. I'm gonna look into this battery probably next week... payday lol.

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site
On the stock battery, I'd only get about 6-8 at the most. 12 with the Mugen.
No, the new battery does not gray out the battery meter. It's just like the stock with just a little extra push of power. Everything looks and acts exactly the same, no bulky back, and was worth the buy to me!

Are you running stock or rooted?

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just ordered one on Ebay for $43.95 plus free shipping. Got a West Coast business trip coming up in a couple weeks, so we'll see how long it holds out compared to the stock battery...

tarnak

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I finished the initial 12 hour charge, and used it briefly today ( a couple of hours of streaming). I can't give a full report on how much time I'll get out of it yet... but in answer to the above questions:

1.I only charge the battery with the charger, that works perfectly, though it seems to take slightly longer to charge.
2.Exact same size as the stock, so no bulging... fits perfectly.
3.Never felt hot, and I was streaming.

I just got it, so again, I don't know how long the average battery life is.

When you say you use only use the charger, are you talking about the stock USB charger that comes with the phone?

denpad2010

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I had the extender original battery and I have the feeling of stronger signal reception with that extended cover than the standard is me or any of you with extended original cover feel the same...(excuse my English ) I have to say that mostly feel that on my workplace where Verizon signal is very weak

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
an answer to some questions..

I'm not rooted, I'm not sure of the exact time it takes to charge since I do that overnight, and I use the USB charger that came with the phone.

As far as warmth, I've now run it streaming for hours and it gets just as warm as the stock did.. maybe a little less.

I'm happy with it. Sure, I wish it had just a little more power to it, but it's enough of a jump to give it those extra hours that are needed sometimes. I don't regret the purchase at all. It's running as I expected it to!

BigDNY#AC

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Rumor has it that Mugen is coming out with a bigger (capacity) battery for the Rezound. April release date but CS would not confirm size. If your on the fence with getting an extended battery.. Contact them first.

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Ordered mine this morning. Will be interested to see how I like this compared to the extended I have been using.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Dugoutdog

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
This is kind of on topic just a different point of view. I too like the current form factor (I usea a Seido Active case). I want the extra capacity but also don't want to be swapping batteries/back as needed. My normal day the stock battery is just fine. When I travel I need more during my day. Instead of swapping batteries I picked up a Motorola P893 power pack (capacity is 1820 mAh). It's slim at about 1/8" by 4" or so. Has a short built in cord that fits around the battery and tucks in at the micro tip for storage. When I need to charge I move the charger to my front pocket take the short cord out and plug into the phone while still on my belt clip and charge it. At night use the stock rezound charger cable and stock wall plug into the P893 and it will series recharge both devices.

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
This is kind of on topic just a different point of view. I too like the current form factor (I usea a Seido Active case). I want the extra capacity but also don't want to be swapping batteries/back as needed. My normal day the stock battery is just fine. When I travel I need more during my day. Instead of swapping batteries I picked up a Motorola P893 power pack (capacity is 1820 mAh). It's slim at about 1/8" by 4" or so. Has a short built in cord that fits around the battery and tucks in at the micro tip for storage. When I need to charge I move the charger to my front pocket take the short cord out and plug into the phone while still on my belt clip and charge it. At night use the stock rezound charger cable and stock wall plug into the P893 and it will series recharge both devices.

How quickly does the moto external battery charge the phone?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
My results were the opposite.

Well, my Mugen Power "1900" mAh (and I use that number skeptically) slim extended battery arrived and I've had a chance to run a comparative test on it. Charged it fully and used the phone till battery was low. Fully recharged it and then ran Netflix on 4g with full screen brightness. I did continuous streaming until the phone died. It lasted about 1 hr and 35 min.

I then ran the exact same test on the OEM 1640 mAh battery. I ran Netflix on 4g with max screen brightness. It lasted over 2 hours before the phone died.

Basically, my Muge Power battery got pwned :-(

Sent from HTC Rezound using Tapatalk.

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Just installed mine yesterday, charged overnight and using now. Will update in a week or so

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

kulkaholic

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
My results were the opposite.

Well, my Mugen Power "1900" mAh (and I use that number skeptically) slim extended battery arrived and I've had a chance to run a comparative test on it. Charged it fully and used the phone till battery was low. Fully recharged it and then ran Netflix on 4g with full screen brightness. I did continuous streaming until the phone died. It lasted about 1 hr and 35 min.

I then ran the exact same test on the OEM 1640 mAh battery. I ran Netflix on 4g with max screen brightness. It lasted over 2 hours before the phone died.

Basically, my Muge Power battery got pwned :-(

Sent from HTC Rezound using Tapatalk.

Don't you need to put it through a few cycles before you get the maximum use out of it?