music from Itunes?

jklitten

May 21, 2011
Visit site
It depends on when this music was purchased. Apple started to remove DRM from their music in early 2009, I believe. With a few exceptions, if your music was purchased before then, you won't be able to play it on your Infuse without paying a per-song fee to get the DRM-free version.

From here, I'll assume that your music is indeed DRM-free.

1. Plug your phone into your computer's USB port.
  2. Unlock your phone and select "Mass storage."
  3. Tap "Connect USB storage."
  4. Wait for it to connect. Go to My Computer on a Windows Machine or Finder on a Mac.
  5. There should now be one or two drives mounted called "NO NAME." If you have an SD card inserted there will be two; if not, there will be one.
  6. If you want to store the music on your phone's internal storage, choose the one with 13.99 GB available. If you want to store in your SD card, double click on the other one.
  7. Create a folder named "Music" if one does not already exist.
  8. In iTunes, select the tracks/albums/whatever and drag them to your "Music" folder.
  9. Eject and unplug your phone. Your music should now be in your phone's "Music Player" application!

Hope that helps! :)

Duard

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Or check out doubletwist airsync, $4.99 at Android Market. It basically does the same thing but in fewer steps and without the wires.
-Dwight

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Or check out doubletwist airsync, $4.99 at Android Market. It basically does the same thing but in fewer steps and without the wires.
-Dwight

I debated using DoubleTwist or iSyncr and ended up going with iSyncr, based primarily on a couple threads in which people stated they liked its simplicity. I love it. But again, I think both will get your head bobbin'! :)

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
you can actually use doubletwist for free it is only 4.99 for the airsync feature

there is the amazon cloud drive as mentioned,

google music beta if you got an invite(kind of sucks lol i tried it for a few days i will check it again once they have a better layout)

or as jklitten said follow those steps and just copy the music to th e phone. All itunes music is now DRM free so you can continue to buy music there and just copy it to the phone.

You can also use dropbox to move the files over pending how big you music library is and how much space you have for dropbox this could take a while.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I told a friend that switched from an Iphone to the Infuse to use iSync. I dont know much about that since Ive never owned an Apple Product.

Egidio

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Can you believe it I still cannot use Google Music?! It completely baffles me. I tried my Google Apps account and no luck. Then I went back to my Gmail account and the same problem persists. The app never remember my credentials. If I want to use Google Music I have to clear the cache and start it all over. Then if I close the app and goes back 2 hours later, it will have forgotten my credentials. :( I've tried just about everything I can and know what to do. Google help has been useless. I've deleted my accounts and only left the one with Google Music, but no luck.

bethalice

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Download some iTunes Music to Samsung Transfer software from the Android Market, it works quite well for this. You will need to install it on your computer as well. After that, connect your phone to your computer over USB. Then on your computer, you can transfer music from iTunes to Infuse, or just selected playlists. You will only want to synch selected playlists if your library is larger than your SD card capacity (obviously).

Last edited: