Music stops playing.

GfromNY

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm having major issues with music players on my new Droid X2. Both in Poweramp and the Android Music Player, music will stop playing after a few minutes. This is both with headphones plugged in and without headphones. Anyone else having this issue? Very frustrated with this as it makes the phone almost useless for me (my phones are always my main music players). :(

DROIDFANX2

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Seems like I may be having the same problem with Pandora. I saw your post earlier and just now started to have the same problem with mine. I will have to test it more tonight and get back to you tomorrow.

gregom

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I just got my X2 yesterday but it's happened to me once. I think it started playing again on its own after like 45 seconds or so, I can't remember exactly. I'm using WinAmp.

DROIDFANX2

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I seem to be having the same problem this morning as well. What is concerning me is that one time last night when it stopped playing my music off Pandora, I had my headphones plugged in. The thing is that when I hit play again, the music started playing out of the phones speaks instead on the headphones. I'm thinking that my 3.5 could be having problems....

heggood

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I was having this problem. I installed the app "no lock" from the android market which disable's the screen locker and music plays fine now, plus I prefer for me screen to just sleep instead of lock, so win win for me.

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
had it happen a few times... on my half hour drive home today i left whichever music player in the foreground, and turned the screen off. played solid. Before i do know that my music program was in the background as i was doing other things when it happened.
I've had it happen in Pandora and Digitally Imported's apps. I drive alot with music so i'll post again if i have more issues. I think it would be related to some of the data/battery saving garbage that comes on the phone, although i personally have it all disabled. besides some probably stupid software issue, thats all i can think of.

gregom

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't know I seem to have more stuttering and very brief pauses, like it is doing something in the background and the music player process isn't getting enough CPU. Something tells me with dual core isn't quite perfected yet...

dr0ker

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I have been having the same issue since I got this phone a few days ago. What is interesting is that it only occurs while listening to music. I also stream podcasts through sticher radio, but it never stops even through an hourlong podcast.

GfromNY

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the responses. For some reason my music does not stop playing when using the NRG Player which I downloaded from the market. With PowerAmp, Google Music and Winamp, it does. Go figure. I'll try using the "no lock" app and see if that solves the issue. I'll post any updates in a couple of days.

-Gj.

cvmaas#AC

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
From what I have seen developing on the X2 there is a bug with the hardware audio decoder that it is not releasing correctly after the first song has been played, so the second song onward is stuck using a software audio decoder. When the screen locks the CPU will throttle down and the software decoder can't keep up. Using a dock seems to help as when the device is powered in the dock, the screen stays on so the cpu doesn't throttle.

I read a few posters say they don't have the problem with Pandora, thats because Pandora plays a constant audio stream so the hardware decoder stays locked to the stream, unlike mp3 files that are released and the next song loaded into the decoder. However, if you've wasted what seems to be a one time per reboot shot at loading the hardware decoder than Pandora will link to the software decoder and have the same issues.

The hardware decoder doesn't rely on the cpu clock, that's why its not affected. I assume the problem is correctable through an update.

Last edited:

KhoenNavish

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I have been having issue with all my music players as well. Pandora, Grooveshark, and the default music player.

Pandora will randomly skip songs half way through and also stutters when playing.

Grooveshark will skip each song before it plays until it reaches the end of the playlist.

The default music player randomly stutters even though no apps are running in the background.

gregom

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I've set my display in PowerAMP to stay on at all times when its up on the screen. I haven't had any skipping or stopping except when I receive text messages. This phone seems to be riddled with several performance oriented problems that need to be fixed. It is so annoying that companies rush products out like this without utilizing a proper testing regime to iron out these issues. It's all about money though... shoot first, ask questions later.

djxtreme

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue but have only noticed it to be with Pandora.....sucks bad during a workout....I also have to disconnect my headphones and re-connect them to even make it start playing

DROIDFANX2

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Mine used to do it pretty often, but seems to have fixed itself somehow... Still skips random songs on Pandora once in a while and lags a bit.

vinaaga

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys

Just wanted to say that I had issues with music skipping, popping and stopping when using the stock music app, music (beta) from the market and Pandora. I tried reformatting the internal and externa lmemory as well as moving all the music to the internal storage. But the issues persisted. After I decided to bite the bullet and root I used script manager to run the supercharge script, with custom oom values (option 10) 6,12,75,125,150,175. I have to run the script at every boot which sucks but all issues with music in any app stopped. And to top it off the laggy video recording problems I was having were fixed too.

Guys may want to check it out

How I made my X2 blazing fast.

nuket74

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I had the samething happening to me, 2 minutes then the music stopped. I found the Music app in the Auto-End List in the Task Manager. Once I removed it I haven't had any problems with the music stopping.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
mine hasn't stopped but it does skip and pop as on poster said. it doesn't happen on every song and its not always on the same song every time. haven't found the common factor yet

poguec

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I've had my X2 for about two weeks now and I'm seeing the music skip and stutter issue as well. I use Pandora, PlayerPro, TuneIn Radio and BeyondPod and all have the issue. It appears that any other process, such as getting a freaking email, will cause the problem to happen in all the apps. I'm struggling through waiting for some sort of update but I can tell my original Droid I still have does a 100% better job of music playback! I thought the X2 was supposed to be a great upgrade from the OG Droid but I'm not happy with the music playback so far, hope Motorola gets on the ball and starts finding and fixing the problem.

xnosajx

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys

Just wanted to say that I had issues with music skipping, popping and stopping when using the stock music app, music (beta) from the market and Pandora. I tried reformatting the internal and externa lmemory as well as moving all the music to the internal storage. But the issues persisted. After I decided to bite the bullet and root I used script manager to run the supercharge script, with custom oom values (option 10) 6,12,75,125,150,175. I have to run the script at every boot which sucks but all issues with music in any app stopped. And to top it off the laggy video recording problems I was having were fixed too.

Guys may want to check it out

How I made my X2 blazing fast.

I used that fix over the weekend and I haven't had a problem since. Usually, mine would start skipping when I got a text or email, but no longer. There is an update to the V6 charger script as well. Good luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays