Music volume automatically lowers when opening Chrome

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this is a "feature" that was enabled in the latest Chrome update, but as of the past few days, I've had this happen and annoy me to no end:

- listen to music on Poweramp or Pandora (phone is plugged in to my car stereo via AUX / headphone jack
- open Chrome browser
- phone automatically "lowers volume to prevent hearing damage" (or whatever that annoying pop up says).

If i reset the volume back up, it will lower itself automatically every time I open Chrome.

This will automatically happen only with Chrome, and no other browser. Anyone else seeing this?

(bluetooth is not an option as I don't have that in my car)

razr maxximus

May 9, 2013
Visit site
My Sirius/XM radio app does that too. I have it plugged in through the headphone jack and every time I turn it back on, it resets to lower. Very annoying. Should be able to check mark something like "don't remind me again"

D_atribe

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
I have a similar problem with Audible. Same annoying pop up and volume reset. It happens randomly with the phone locked and unlocked.

Posted via Android Central App

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I have never noticed that it lowers the volume after opening Chrome though. That part was new to me. Maybe I just never noticed it before

D_atribe

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
This issue seems to be getting worse for me. When using Audible or any music app (including the built in one) I can't go more than 20 minutes before it glitches, then lowers the volume with the pop up about hearing protection. After that it just stops whatever is playing completely in most cases. I can't tell if it's just mine or if it's a common problem. I'm not rooted and am thinking about returning it to Verizon for a replacement... Again.

Posted via Android Central App

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Try Hearing Saver which you can download from Play. Despite the name I think it will do what you want. Works for me.

Sent from my LG G2 with Tapatalk

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
weird . i haven't made any changes to the phone, but as of a few days ago this problem has gone away. i did notice that Chrome rolled out an update - maybe this bug was fixed? hopefully it doesn't come back

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alakmalak