My battery life is awesome, how about yours?

piaband

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
My Nexus seems to be eating through battery very fast. I'm down 7% and its only been off the charger an hour.

-I have 4G off

What else do I need to do? Too many programs running in the background? How do I shut them down?

DesertSilver#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
My personal experience with the NS4G's battery life is that it's way better than the EVO it replaced. Only thing is, like others have stated, charging seems to be horrendously slow with the Motorola I've been using even with the EVO.

- Motorola charger (850mA unit): I'd estimate that my battery goes up maybe 20% in an hour. Using this same charger on my EVO used to charge it from empty to full in about 1.5 hours.
- stock EVO charger (1000mA): This charger is next to my bed to charge overnight so I don't know how slow/quickly it charges the NS4G.
- stock NS4G charger (? ma): Still in the box.

va2azerik

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Compared to my Palm Pre- my battery life has been great. It does take a while for it to charge but I use WIFI, text, check email alot, play a couple of games and had some pretty long conversations on my cell and have never gone below 20% for the entire day. I don't get 4G in Phoenix AZ:'(

eddieras

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
mine is less than desired -- perhaps someone can give me some advice.

I charged overnight - 95% at 6am (tho i know 95 is normal)
in 19 minutes it dropped to 88% - here's what was going on:

rebooted to clear out apps running
the following are running-
settings - does this always run?
switchpro widget
adv clock widget
weather channel
juicedefender
smooth calendar
com.adroid.sprintmenu - i have no idea what this is- under services it says 'HiddenPhoneService"
Market - an alarm app scheduled
google services
music- went to music app and a song is paused- i see no 'stop' function!
maps
noled
android keyboard

screen brightness is set to auto and is presently at 0
screen timeout is 30 seconds
wifi is on - i'm in my home with wifi - plus i have an airave in house - 3g and 4g are not on
bluetooth is off

launched dolphin browser then read one article. checked directv listing. checked two email accounts. installed one app update. that's it - and it dropped to 88% in 19 minutes

yesterday i was out of the house (no 4g, used 3g only) BT off. Had minimal use (one call, read about 5 emails, some browsing - about-5 minutes worth, did a quick WHERE search) and dropped 44% in 4 hours.

i know i shouldn't force an app to close - but something doesn't' seem right. just in the 10 minutes i'm typing this (i'm slow) it dropped 4% and i wasn't even using it! wifi bars are full as i'm 2' from router!

any advice would be appreciated-

slacker76

May 16, 2010
Visit site
For the people with good battery life, what is using most of your battery? The display accounts for a good 70% of my usage. Is this normal?

Thrasherx2k1

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I have my brightness turned up about halfway because I find automatic brightness to be too dark. Anyways in the battery usage area it says display is 65-70% usually. I get about 12-16 hours of battery life a day depleting from 95%.

piaa_nissan

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I was at 65% after about 19 hours of regular use- email, 50 minutes streaming on wifi, 3-4 calls, many texts, microbe live wallpaper, GPS on, etc. This is on my rooted stock ROM with the Netarchy kernel and nothing else

eddieras

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
wow - i'm impressed - can i trouble you guys to let me know what's running on your nexus after a reboot - i have listed mine above - i'm not getting near those hours. also, if you can include your settings on screen brightness/ timeout, email and sync would be very helpful.

thanks for any assistance you can provide.

eddieras

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
thanks kalex - that helps- my displays at 56% - set to auto - i just changed it to zero. does that number take a bit to reset? also - does display include whatever juice widgets consume?

kalex

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
My display is on auto brightness. but just to state it again this is with very low usage. few phone calls, texts a bit of browsing. definitely not heavy usage

Display is only tracking display power usage thats it. I don't think it tracks anything else under display

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seth59