My contacts?

jocko

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I read that ROMs (Liberty specifically, I'm not sure if all do. Let me know) will wipe your contacts and that backup assistant isn't on the ROMs. How will I keep them? Also, what does SBF stand for. I am seeing that tossed around quite a bit.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I read that ROMs (Liberty specifically, I'm not sure if all do. Let me know) will wipe your contacts and that backup assistant isn't on the ROMs. How will I keep them? Also, what does SBF stand for. I am seeing that tossed around quite a bit.

you should sync all of your contacts with google and not backup assistant.
Go to settings>accounts and sync>select your gmail account and make sure contacts is checked

.SBF is the system boot file it is the special files type used by a proprietary program called RSDlite. It allows you to unbrick a bricked device. So really that means you cant brick your device, just temporarily paper weight it.

jocko

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I did all of it while still on stock. Now running liberty. Didn't work. At all. I have no idea why. I think I may have lost some contacts, but thank god I exported it to my SD card before I switched over. The ROMs pretty cool, I just hate the bloody black small main bar on the home screen. You know, the one that holds the dialer/ browser/app drawer. By any chance cory you know how to change that? I liked the stocks so much more. (It was three spaced out semi transparent buttons, as opposed to the small dinky looking bar) I doubt you can, it seems to just be a Liberty thing. Let me know though.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
Solution to your contacts issue:
go to> contacts> menu> display options> select your account> check all of the groups you want to appear in your contacts list. (This may have and adverse effect where you have to join a bunch of duplicate contacts but it will be worth it)

Suggestions for your launcher complaint:
1) download launcherpro if you don't have it already, it provides everything the AOSP launcher does and much more. nearly unlimited customization. This is my reccomendation if you really wanna make your phone experience personal
2) download HeLauncher, It is a complete collection of all the manufacturer launchers, Sense, MotoBlur, NinjaBlur (stock), gingerbread, Froyo, custom themes.This is the easiest and i think will suite your request

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
menblattcard