My fingerprints does not work and may backup password I forgot. How can I get back into my phone?

pvthomas

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: My fingerprints does not work and may backup password i forgot

Try using Android device manager to unlock your phone online (using an internet browser on a phone or computer) by using your Google (gmail) account.

Posted via the Android Central App

Juliann826

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: My fingerprints does not work and may backup password i forgot

Unable to recognize my fingerprints and and forgot may backup password?

You can also try entering the wrong backup password multiple times (I think you have to do it 10 times) and it will ask you to either wait a minute to try again or you can select "log in with google account" and if you enter your gmail and password it will unlock the phone and delete the fingerprint lock.

Kougeru

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
and it will ask you to either wait a minute to try again or you can select "log in with google account"

Yeah, this never happened. I tried using the Android Device Manager thing. "Since Google has verified that a screen lock is already set, the password you entered won't be needed.". I tried it anyway, it didn't work. Brought me down to 8 tries left. Tried my old password again. 7 Tries. 6 tries. I googled stuff. Found a lot of posts saying it would give me the option to use my Google password, at 5 tries left. So I tried resetting the password again, same message, ignored it, tried again. 5 tries left. No new options to enter Google password. Tried old password again...4. Googled more stuff....nothing. Anyway, I'm down to 1 try left. Is there a timer on this? It's been like 4 hours. I've tried everything I can think that won't result in a wipe.

My favorite part is that I disabled this feature but an minor update seems to have to turned it back on -_-

edit: Turns out android 5.0 removed that option to sign in using your Google account. Doesn't this phone come with 5.0...? You shouldn't suggest things so dangerous when you aren't 100% sure of how it works. And clearly you werent if you thought it would ask people for their emails when it doesn't on these phones.

Last edited:

The Duck

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me a few days ago. Fingerprint stopped working and I had forgotten my backup password. I rushed over to T-mobile in S.D. at closing time. While waiting for help, I looked up on the internet on their demo iPad. On this site, noticed the recommendation to enter in the email account in lieu of the backup. Worked perfectly. Then reentered a new password. Very easy.

Thanks, quack

Juliann826

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, this never happened. I tried using the Android Device Manager thing. "Since Google has verified that a screen lock is already set, the password you entered won't be needed.". I tried it anyway, it didn't work. Brought me down to 8 tries left. Tried my old password again. 7 Tries. 6 tries. I googled stuff. Found a lot of posts saying it would give me the option to use my Google password, at 5 tries left. So I tried resetting the password again, same message, ignored it, tried again. 5 tries left. No new options to enter Google password. Tried old password again...4. Googled more stuff....nothing. Anyway, I'm down to 1 try left. Is there a timer on this? It's been like 4 hours. I've tried everything I can think that won't result in a wipe.

My favorite part is that I disabled this feature but an minor update seems to have to turned it back on -_-

edit: Turns out android 5.0 removed that option to sign in using your Google account. Doesn't this phone come with 5.0...? You shouldn't suggest things so dangerous when you aren't 100% sure of how it works. And clearly you werent if you thought it would ask people for their emails when it doesn't on these phones.

This literally just happened to me a couple weeks ago and it asked me if i wanted to login with my google account. The only thing I can think of is that I had the wipe phone after 10 tries off on my phone. Maybe when it's turned on it doesn't allow that?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milaco