My G4 lags, should I take it back?

speedfreek64

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I noticed from day one that sometimes my G4 doesn't respond to my every touch. Sometimes it's the keyboard & sometimes it's scrolling through web pages. Is this normal or does mine have a problem? I really want to like this phone but the lag is very annoying and ruins the experience for me. Should I take it back?

Posted via the Android Central App

brancross

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
That's the issue I have to. After the upgrade today it became better. You can try. Mine is the att one

speedfreek64

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Mine is is the Verizon version. I'm trying to figure out if this lag is normal and if they all do it.

Jason Stroud1

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I noticed from day one that sometimes my G4 doesn't respond to my every touch. Sometimes it's the keyboard & sometimes it's scrolling through web pages. Is this normal or does mine have a problem? I really want to like this phone but the lag is very annoying and ruins the experience for me. Should I take it back?

Same problem, downloading the at&t update now

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I hope it's rolling out in stages because I haven't seen an update yet...I just checked manually and nothing is there either.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Try a factory reset. I did a factory reset before I even logged in the first time, but during my initial day or two of usage, I'd occasionally and randomly get really terrible lag. A second factory reset seems to have cleared that up, though there is some lag, but a lot less frequently than it used to be. A lot less frequently.

My battery seems like crap, though.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
If you haven't already gotten it, the update settings should pull it up right away, mine did.

speedfreek64

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Verizon here I get it but it's very infrequently. Not nearly enough for concern.

sent from my LG G4 vs986

Thanks for sharing. From what I've read on various posts the lag seems to be hit & miss. I may try a reset. If that doesn't work I may go see about a replacement, that is another brand new replacement. No way would I accept a refurbished G4! If I can't get another brand new one I may look elsewhere.

noobsquared

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I am with Verizon and I have pretty terrible lag. I miss words all the time with google keyboard and vibrate feature on. If I turn vibrate off, I may miss a letter or two every few seconds but that may be touch issue as everyone else is talking about? I've done factory reset 4 times and same results. I plan on taking it back and see if I can get another from Best Buy.

speedfreek64

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Well, I'm pretty bummed. I returned my G4 to Verizon and am back to using my trusty HTC M7. I really wanted to like the G4 but my M7 is much smoother and lag free so I think it was the right decision

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Well, I'm pretty bummed. I returned my G4 to Verizon and am back to using my trusty HTC M7. I really wanted to like the G4 but my M7 is much smoother and lag free so I think it was the right decision

You made the right move for you, sorry it didn't work out.

The G4 is a great device that I'm sure updates will improve the new device Woe's.

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Im starting to think that android will never be as fluid as ios..i get continued home page redrawing as with the m9 and s6

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
koop