My GS3 is finally being sent back from Sammy tomorrow!!

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
After over 3 weeks and a couple of days Samsung has finally shipped my device back from their warranty repair service and it's scheduled to be delivered by ups by the end of the day tomorrow. I know this isn't really a topic for discussion but I'm so excited to have her back that I had to post it. :D :D

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I did a master reset before i sent it in. In the repair tracking online it said component replaced, Prl and software updated. I'll post back when i physically have it in my hands tomorrow afternoon.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Good to hear! I'm about to send mine in so at least I more or less know how long it will take. Then again, you are from Jersey so maybe you guys get things will less priority than us folks in NYC.......:p lol j/k

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Man you have patience.. The Samsung US building is in NJ right down the road from my office.. I prob would knock on their door when/if I have problems, Hello Sammy, umm my phone... you fix :D

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Man you have patience.. The Samsung US building is in NJ right down the road from my office.. I prob would knock on their door when/if I have problems, Hello Sammy, umm my phone... you fix :D

lol the repair center is in Texas so I doubt that would do any good but I'd try it if I was that close to any Samsung offices I would have given it a shot just to speed things along. Just received it and I'm setting it back up right now. Reception seems to be a bit better so far as I was pulling one bar and now it's been showing 2-3 with the occasional drop but I haven't made any test calls. My razr maxx only gets 2 bars in my house so at least it's picking up a better signal then before. The screen issue that i had can only be seen in very low light conditions so it's no surprise that they didn't replace the screen even though I explained it to the techs on 3 calls but it's nowhere near as the splotching that can be seen on my Maxx in low light. I'll report back once I get the phone fully setup and do some testing. No matter what it feels great to have my baby back.

btw when the phone was first evaluated on the 13th they reported scratches on the front, sides and back of the phone yet the phone is still in mint condition just as I sent it to them.

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
So I've had the phone back for two days and it has more problems then before I sent it out. One of the main reasons i sent the phone and battery was because it was taking over 3 hours to charge which it still does. The imperfections in the screen were not fixed and reception is only a tad better. Now the screen randomly takes one to 2 seconds to light up once I've hit the power button and not that this is a big deal but the water sounds that occurs once you've turned the screen on and off are intermittently not there. I'm calling Verizon to get a warranty replacement later on tonight. Between this and the Gnex I have no luck with Sammy phones. :'(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Urdarlingisdead