My LG G2 won't knock on

Jewel_Sher

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
There was a screen replacement on my LG G2 and I tried every procedure suggested in this thread. After reviewing another thread, the following was a solution for me:

In case there is a problem with your proximity sensor. For example; the display goes dark when you bring your phone near to your ear to talk and won't turn on again or the knock off works but the knock on does not work.

To calibrate the proximity sensor:
- Open the dialer and type 3845#800# or 3845#801# or 3845#*802# depending on your phone version. (The phone version is 800, 801, 802)
- Click on device test
- Then select All auto test - Partial
- The Pass and Fail buttons will appear on the screen. Otherwise press the power button on the back (a few times) after about 1 minute to make it appear
- Press the Pass button
- Calibrate proximity sensor by bringing your finger close and far from the screen
- Swipe the bar at top right to exit
- On previous menu press exit

This worked for me and I am able to use the knock on feature again. I hope it helps!

Sehs Vagrant

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
you have made me Comforted after a long search for more than a week
100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000thanx
because when i was installed the jelly Ben version 4.2.2 knock on disappear
and now it comeback with your method
i am so happy
thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:

MARIK90

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
i tried your method with no luck :(
"There was a screen replacement on my LG G2 and I tried every procedure suggested in this thread. After reviewing another thread, the following was a solution for me:

In case there is a problem with your proximity sensor. For example; the display goes dark when you bring your phone near to your ear to talk and won't turn on again or the knock off works but the knock on does not work.

To calibrate the proximity sensor:
- Open the dialer and type 3845#800# or 3845#801# or 3845#*802# depending on your phone version. (The phone version is 800, 801, 802)
- Click on device test
- Then select All auto test - Partial
- The Pass and Fail buttons will appear on the screen. Otherwise press the power button on the back (a few times) after about 1 minute to make it appear
- Press the Pass button
- Calibrate proximity sensor by bringing your finger close and far from the screen
- Swipe the bar at top right to exit
- On previous menu press exit

This worked for me and I am able to use the knock on feature again. I hope it helps!"

proximity cal fail error...

any idies?

hafeezluqman

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Thank You very much. I got my Double Tap To Wake feature back by updating firmware on my LG G Flex L23 Japanese version. Its inside hidden menu by typing 3845#*23# and then going into H/W Device Test -> Touch Test -> Touch Firmware Upgrade and then waiting for 20 seconds.

Nelson Noel Bertot

May 12, 2015
Visit site
Its work Very good, It must WOrk... if not people must be something with the FIRmware, I enter in the settings dialing 3845#*800# mine is from At&T and its work Knock on works very good.. phone is working good )
Thank you guys...

nasa66

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Okay, this is a little bump, but for those of you who have the Sprint LG G2 (LS980), I have a solution. The LS980's Hidden Menu is different from the other versions, and I found where to update the Touch Firmware today by sifting through trying all the different tests to see if anything will trigger the Knock On to work. Here goes.
1. Open your Phone app.
2. Dial 5689#*980# (you won't see the last #).
3. Navigate to HW Device Test (Entry #2) > Touch Test (Entry #4) > Touch Firmware Upgrade (Entry #11) *
4. Wait for about 10 seconds for the firmware to upgrade.
5. Hit Home to exit the Hidden Menu.
6. Try Knock Off
7. Try Knock On
8. ???
9. Profit!

Hopefully that works for you guys.

* Number 3: if you've been in the Hidden Menu recently (since your last reboot) you may have to tap your back button a few times to get back to the root of the Hidden Menu.

Oh, and for reference, here's my Touch Firmware Info:
EDIT: Get to Touch Firmware Info by going into Touch Test and tapping Touch Firmware Version (Entry #10).
Code:
Touch Firmware Version:

====== Firmware Info ======
ic_fw_identifier = PLG208-1
ic_fw_version    =     E067
img_fw_product_id=   PLG208
img_fw_version   =     E067
ic_chip_rev      =        2
bootloader_fw_ver=        0
lcd_panel_type(boot)=     0
lcd_panel_type(current)=  0

there is no hw device test...there is just device test
elt test factory reset log service and wvdrm

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
there is no hw device test...there is just device test
elt test factory reset log service and wvdrm
You have to flash back to zva or something and then it's there... but don't waste your time

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

M Sahaab

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Could you plz let me inform that how can I open the hidden menu on LG L23 [ g flex ]. While I have tried 3845#*23# for many time but all in vain.
Plz do help me.

Last edited:

radolinbg

Jan 21, 2018
Visit site
There is a solution; (not sure about it, my friend had the same problem and he fixed it with this method)

Open dialer menu and type;
5689#*980# (Sprint)
3845#*801# (T-Mobile)
3845#*803# (AT&T Canada)
3845#*802# (International)
3845#*800# (At&T)
3845#*980# (Verizon)

And when hidden menu is showed up, go to "Settings"
and go to "Update Touch Firmware".
The touchscreen won't work until after 5 seconds, Wait for it and if touchscreen gets working, exit the menu.
Lock the phone and try knocking on the screen, It should be working ;)

Thanks mate! Works fine for me. LG G2 D802 Int.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J0SH