My Nexus one works with my Blackberry Internet from Tmobile

ksc6000#AC

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Does Nexus one works with my Blackberry Internet from Tmobile??

I just got my Nexus One and I popped in my T-Mobile SIM card.

I had called Tmobile to ask them what I would need to do to get internet on my N1 and they said that I can just ask them to change it to the plan for 24.99 a month (my BIS is currently costing me 19.99 a month), and I was okay with that.

The rep also said once I get my N1 if I try to go to the browser, it'll automatically tell me to change the plan to get the 24.99 unlimited internet plan...however, when I popped in my sim card and went to the browser, it just went straight to google and I have browsed a few websites....

So I'm wondering if everything is fine and I don't need to call up Tmo and get charged 5 more dollars a month or if I'm getting charged for this. Anyone have any idea?

Last edited:

ILoveBlythe

Dec 14, 2009
www.fhtmus.com
I just got my Nexus One and I popped in my T-Mobile SIM card.

I had called Tmobile to ask them what I would need to do to get internet on my N1 and they said that I can just ask them to change it to the plan for 24.99 a month (my BIS is currently costing me 19.99 a month), and I was okay with that.

The rep also said once I get my N1 if I try to go to the browser, it'll automatically tell me to change the plan to get the 24.99 unlimited internet plan...however, when I popped in my sim card and went to the browser, it just went straight to google and I have browsed a few websites....

So I'm wondering if everything is fine and I don't need to call up Tmo and get charged 5 more dollars a month or if I'm getting charged for this. Anyone have any idea?

I'm still running my BB unlimited plan from when t mobile was sun-com in my area. $19.99 a month. Nothings changed on my end, you should be good.

ksc6000#AC

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I have been checking my tmobile account to see if there are any extra charges, but none so far, thankfully.

dandm4life

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
If it sticks, count yourself lucky. I had a friend that switched from BB to G1 and they caught it after a couple of hours and he had to call and have it switched.

Rusty Shackelford

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
My nexus would not function on the BB plan until the provisioning was changed over. Caught it 10 minutes after I turned it on. I say as long as you can go, just stick with it.

ksc6000#AC

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I actually told the Tmobile rep that it was working like that and he said "if that's working, then we don't need to worry about changing it, why not save the money?". I've always had good luck with tmo reps.....so worlds apart from my experience with Sprint reps, who would make plans up on the fly and sell them to me.

docpsyd

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Are you guys getting 3G with you BB sim cards? I will be getting a N1 this week and have a 19.99 bb data plan. I understand it works for some people, I am just curious about getting 3g. I would love being able to switch between my N1 and 8900.

ILoveBlythe

Dec 14, 2009
www.fhtmus.com
Yes, you will get 3G. Everything will work. No need to call T-Mobile about anything. The only thing that I would do is go to the store and tell them that you need a new sim card so you have new up to date one.

docpsyd

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered my nexus one... :D .... I will be popping my 8900 sim card in, and hopefully it works perfectly, that way I can switch between both phone. I am so PUMPED!

hooey

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered my nexus one... :D .... I will be popping my 8900 sim card in, and hopefully it works perfectly, that way I can switch between both phone. I am so PUMPED!

Nice! I made the same switch about two months ago and the Nexus One will amaze you.

BTW I'm on Rogers in Canada and I was able to switch the SIM back into my 8900 on a trip to the U.S. recently to keep the data usage down (N1's a great phone but uses data like crazy compared to a BB).

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I'm actually running my Nexus One on Blackberry BIS on some days and iPhone data (using my other line) on other days with no issues. Never had to call and change my plan.

I'm using it on at&t.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Smokeaire

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I got my N1 today, popped my bb8900 sim card in and PRESTO!!!! I am in love!

The downside is email setup, N1 is pain in the hiney. Even though I will delete a lot of emails on my N1, when I fire up my BB (which isn't often ) I get all of those emails downloaded to it. Arrgghh.

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
The downside is email setup, N1 is pain in the hiney. Even though I will delete a lot of emails on my N1, when I fire up my BB (which isn't often ) I get all of those emails downloaded to it. Arrgghh.
Are you using Gmail with IMAP? When using IMAP no matter what client you are using it keeps the server in sync. So the next client that checks it will only get what's been changed. So if a email has been deleted it doesn't show up on the 2nd client. If an email has been marked read then it'll be marked read on the 2nd client. Very cool.

I just put K9 on my N1 and I like it better than the stock Gmail app. Now if I can just figure out how to keep the default one from launching.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86