My only reason going back to iPhone

Yongjin Lee

Dec 15, 2017
Visit site
I do live events very often and I usually use my cell phone to record them.
I need about an hour to an hour and a half to record continuously but Android phones seem to have this 4 GB limitation when it comes to recording.

Is there any way to get around this?
I really love this phone but I will have to go back to using iPhone if this is a permanent issue...

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I do live events very often and I usually use my cell phone to record them.
I need about an hour to an hour and a half to record continuously but Android phones seem to have this 4 GB limitation when it comes to recording.

Is there any way to get around this?
I really love this phone but I will have to go back to using iPhone if this is a permanent issue...
Perhaps an alternate camera app?

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I did a Google search and it seems like there may be a workaround for the file size limit if you use SD card

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
The problem when storing is that exFAT itself is limited to 4GB file sizes on creation of the file. It doesn't matter if its a video or a photoshop file or whatever. Other than just splicing together the videos using video editing software on a PC, no idea.

Yongjin Lee

Dec 15, 2017
Visit site
Format an SD card as ext4 and there won't be any size limitation, except the size of the card.

Hi Rukbat,
I tried formatting as ext4 as you suggested.

My phone recognized my sd card as corrupted and says that it cannot be used.

Thanks for the idea though I really appreciate it.

I'm kind of desperate here.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My SD card?
I just bought them from Amazon when I got the phone.
So about few months in my possession.. don't know exact manufacture date...
Ok. So age should in theory not be an issue. Some people reuse older cards, and I was thinking that may be the case here. If it is that new, I would ask the manufacturer if it is still under warranty. It never hurts to ask.

Yongjin Lee

Dec 15, 2017
Visit site
Ok. So age should in theory not be an issue. Some people reuse older cards, and I was thinking that may be the case here. If it is that new, I would ask the manufacturer if it is still under warranty. It never hurts to ask.

Are you suggesting there is something wrong with my sd card?
I've tried a couple of other sd cards with the same outcome.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Aside from testing all your other cards to make sure the one isn't defective in some way, I'm not sure what to suggest. I guess the SD reader in the device could be faulty.