My S8+ doesn't receive incoming calls from iphones. Calls go directly to VM. Text msgs do not show

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Calls go direct to voicemail with no notification icon, nor missed call.

This occurs at random, meaning the same iPhone user will ring, or register at other times, no daily pattern. Same for texts. Most texts eventually show up, but usually up to an hour later than it was sent. But again, very random. --Checked all settings ok
--no blocked calls, ----happens on iPhones regardless of carriers.
-- callers say never a ring sound but goes directly to voicemail, YET, even as fast as 5 minutes later, recall rings and I answer.
--Ruled out being on another app, e.g. you tube, email, or games. No correlation to a missed call or text.
-- no correlation with signal strength
-- However, I've observed that if I'm aware of someone planning to text me or call at a specific time, I will text a msg to them first. Each time I've been able to do that, texts come in and/or a call comes thru from that number. What is causing these missed calls and missed or delayed text receipts? Any solution? Thanks

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Open the phone dialer. Select settings. Confirm that your when and types of calls to forward to voicemail without ringing are correct.
Also, depending on the carrier, Tmobile for example, open that folder, to Name ID and confirm those numbers are not toggled for direct to voicemail either.