My Samsung Galaxy s8 plus wont charge at all.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi y'all

lately i've been having some charging issues with my Galaxy s8 plus. 2/3 months ago it started with refusing to charge every now and then. if i tried half an hour later the problem would have somehow resolved itself and my phone would charge fine again,

the past week it became more and more frequent to the point where my phone does not want to charge from a wall charger at all anymore. however it would still charge when it was connected to my laptop with usb. therefore i have used my laptop to charge my phone very slowly over for the past 2 days.

Now the phone starts showing the same issues when connected to the laptop. before my laptop would say it doesnt recognise my phone, but it would still charge. now my phone starts to have issues with laptop charging aswell.

Things i already tried:
-using different cables / wall chargers
-cleaning ports
-rebooting in safe mode

I consider myself capable enough to take my phone apart, and i was thinking to replace the charging port in hope of resolving the problem.

I do however not know what is causing this trouble. therefore i want to ask you if you maybe know what could be wrong, or what parts should be replaced.

any help is much appreciated!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If it was charging from the laptop but not from the wall-wart, it's not a port problem, it's more likely a charger (the circuit in the phone) issue. That's probably on the motherboard. Unfortunately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
no3rdseat