Question Naked note 20 ultra

Sep 14, 2023
Visit site
I'm sure this topic has been discussed before? I'm new to this forum and have always been the one to use some form of case bit the last year or so I've ditched the cases and using just a mightyskin skin on my N20U for myself I'm not the type too rock a case as the N20U is bulky too begin with adding a case would make it even more bulkier I'm just generally curious if anyone else is in the same boat as myself? My theory is you wouldn't slap a case on your new car so why slap a case on your new phone? Too me a case takes away the fun with the phone and just covers the beauty of the actual device,I'd love to hear feedback maybe I'm just a rebel or living life on the edge.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The main problem is that it's very easy to drop your phone, whereas it's not so easy to smack up your car (assuming you're a good driver;)). And unless you pay for insurance, damaging your phone can be costly, and also cause other headaches for you if the phone is important for your work or life in general. As you probably know, warranties won't cover accidental damage. And although insurance will cover accidental damage, there will still be a deductible to pay (usually around $100, on top of the insurance premiums you already pay). If you have to send your phone in for repairs (or wait for a replacement), that can mean a delay of a few days to even a few weeks without a phone. So it might be more advisable to try preventing that kind of damage with a good case, instead of taking your chances with a naked phone ...

Sep 14, 2023
Visit site
The main problem is that it's very easy to drop your phone, whereas it's not so easy to smack up your car (assuming you're a good driver;)). And unless you pay for insurance, damaging your phone can be costly, and also cause other headaches for you if the phone is important for your work or life in general. As you probably know, warranties won't cover accidental damage. And although insurance will cover accidental damage, there will still be a deductible to pay (usually around $100, on top of the insurance premiums you already pay). If you have to send your phone in for repairs (or wait for a replacement), that can mean a delay of a few days to even a few weeks without a phone. So it might be more advisable to try preventing that kind of damage with a good case, instead of taking your chances with a naked phone ...
Hahaha it's not essential for me work too have a phone at all my phone is a phone theg are just a throw away item.....I'm going to stick to my theory and plan I've literally never ever had a case ever just not for Me at all.....the insurance is there for a reason I don't ever drop my phone at all it's a brick lol I've literally ran skins on pretty much all of my phones even in high-school my phone was in my pocket,call me crazy but I just don't enjoy the phone covered up with some hideous bulky case.

Attachments

• IMG_0044.jpg
    IMG_0044.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0045.jpg
    IMG_0045.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: B. Diddy
Sep 14, 2023
Visit site
Hahaha why be the same as everyone else and have the same look and feel? Me personally I love the phone in its natural form might not be everyone's favorite look or feel but I just appreciate the phone without added bulk.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
You're describing us in our crudest form as well... maybe sprinkle in some stardust, Pixie stardust even, to make the magic happen? It sounds like B is right, we're just walking, talking iPhones
Well, in our crudest *known* form we're just a bunch of quarks and electrons... but a human in it's natural form is a human. With no clothes on, cheeky!

To be honest I feel more like a 90s Ericsson with a single line mono display.

mansa2

Sep 17, 2023
Visit site
Nothing more disheartening than trying to upgrade your phone and you've lost all that trade in value with a cracked https://1921681001.id/ screen. I mean, if money isn't an object but it just isn't worth the risk.

Also, that camera bump makes it extremely annoying to interact with the phone on a flat surface.

Last edited:

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Nothing more disheartening than trying to upgrade your phone and you've lost all that trade in value with a cracked screen. I mean, if money isn't an object but it just isn't worth the risk.

Also, that camera bump makes it extremely annoying to interact with the phone on a flat surface.
Agreed. The cameras sticking out is the main reason I can never use a phone without a case. I miss when they were flush.

Reactions: J Dubbs

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter