Need help choosing a Rom

Chandnit

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
So I'm a complete newbie and have just about managed to root my s3 after a lot of reading. I tried to flash a couple of custom Roms, but I don't think I'm getting the most out of it. There are all these adjustments n choices to make of which I understand nothing. Pls help me choose a ROM and kernel where I don't need to do much. I just want my phone to be fast n have a good battery life, and also preferably with touch wiz as I'm used to it.
Also for some reason my phone's internal memory is really filled up with stuff under 'miscellaneous'. What could it be?

Thank you!
(I know its really annoying to have a full thread on ROM advice, but I'm totally clueless n the xda forums all look like jiberish to me )

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So I'm a complete newbie and have just about managed to root my s3 after a lot of reading. I tried to flash a couple of custom Roms, but I don't think I'm getting the most out of it. There are all these adjustments n choices to make of which I understand nothing. Pls help me choose a ROM and kernel where I don't need to do much. I just want my phone to be fast n have a good battery life, and also preferably with touch wiz as I'm used to it.
Also for some reason my phone's internal memory is really filled up with stuff under 'miscellaneous'. What could it be?

Thank you!
(I know its really annoying to have a full thread on ROM advice, but I'm totally clueless n the xda forums all look like jiberish to me )

I was about to answer MOAR or Wicked Sensations, but I am not sure if they have international versions.
As for the gibberish, what terms are confusing you? (And they confuse me sometimes too, but most of the time I ignore it as it has little to no impact on me.)

Chandnit

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I was about to answer MOAR or Wicked Sensations, but I am not sure if they have international versions.
As for the gibberish, what terms are confusing you? (And they confuse me sometimes too, but most of the time I ignore it as it has little to no impact on me.)

Haha! Its funny you say that as I just downloaded MOAR and then realized its not compatible with my phone. It looked really nice:(

I think what's confusing me a lot is all the (XXE...) and all the numbers. And when I flash it, it asks me to choose all these settings which all look like Greek to me. Can't these settings come out of the box? I know the whole point of a custom ROM is to have the flexibility to personalize it. But not everyone understands them.
Isn't there anything for the international s3?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Haha! Its funny you say that as I just downloaded MOAR and then realized its not compatible with my phone. It looked really nice:(

I think what's confusing me a lot is all the (XXE...) and all the numbers. And when I flash it, it asks me to choose all these settings which all look like Greek to me. Can't these settings come out of the box? I know the whole point of a custom ROM is to have the flexibility to personalize it. But not everyone understands them.
Isn't there anything for the international s3?

Try galaxy s3 root and there is a section for international.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FredDev