Need Help Deciding On A Flagship Phone

StaticXCC

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
So currently I'm using a Note 4. I like it, except for the lag, battery drain, and overheating problems. My wife makes fun of my phone because her 6 Plus doesn't have the lag my phone does, nor does it overheat or have the battery drain. To make matters worse, she is Jump upgrading to the 6S (she ended up not liking the phablet size).

So I want to use my T-Mobile Jump upgrade to get a new phone.... but I'm having serious trouble deciding. I don't want the Note 5 because 1) I never use the stylus 2) I don't want to deal with the lag all Samsung phones seem to have (My Galaxy S3 and S4 also both lagged) 3) Samsung ditched the SD Card. BOOOOOO.

So what I want

1) Blazing performance. I love gaming, but hate how the 6Plus seems to perform better than my Note 4 in this regard. Lets get that FPS up there!
2) Removable Battery (If possible, not a hard requirement.
3) NFC for mobile payments
4) SD Card storage expansion
5) Fingerprint unlock
6) Phablet, so 5.7" screen. I'm not picky about color accuracy so much or pixel density.
7) Good battery life. My wifes 6Plus spanks the Note 4... ugh. Help me show her Androids can have great battery life as well!

I was initially eyeing the LG V10, but noticed the 808 SoC and lower GPU performance tests.... some website said my Note 4 performed better! What the heck... shouldn't a phone that just came out as a flagship perform better than Samsungs last note?

I should also mention I'm OK waiting a few months for an unreleased phone... assuming the specs are considered solid at this point.

Last edited:

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
If you want a removable battery, the V10 is about it. For smooth performance, try a Nexus. You can buy a used one from Gazelle. Try it for 14 days and see if you like it. Returns are no hassle. Then decide what you want to do.

kuriiroobi

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
I would recommend you the P8 of Huawei as I'm really happy with this smartphone, but I've read that you want a display with 5.7" and my one has 5.2". :(

And it also hasn't got a removable battery, but I can assure you that this battery functions better than other that I knew from other devices...

StaticXCC

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Have you considered the BlackBerry Privy for Android? The hub system is pretty neat.

The screen is 5.4" though... smaller than your 5.7" requirement.

I'll look into the priv a bit. I've used Blackberry for work in the past... but I'm a bit leary as this is their first android device. Considering the phone uses the same SoC as the V10, and this is BB's first stab at android, I'm not sure how optimized that phone is going to be. Also as Blackberry as a company is a dead man walking, I worry about their commitment to updates and other stuff. Lots of unknowns with BB right now.... I do miss the physical keyboard though...

If you want a removable battery, the V10 is about it. For smooth performance, try a Nexus. You can buy a used one from Gazelle. Try it for 14 days and see if you like it. Returns are no hassle. Then decide what you want to do.

Man I want to like the Nexus, but dem drawbacks.... Returns are actually a bit of a hassle for me atm since I'm living in Taiwan for around another 6 months... dat intl shipping.... whatever phone I go with, it'll need to be solid, not "try it out".

I would recommend you the P8 of Huawei as I'm really happy with this smartphone, but I've read that you want a display with 5.7" and my one has 5.2". :(

And it also hasn't got a removable battery, but I can assure you that this battery functions better than other that I knew from other devices...

That battery functions better than other? Based on... what? As you charge and discharge the battery, you move stuff inside it and it gets harder and harder to move. Thus battery performance decreases over time. What makes the battery on the P8 special in that this wear out isn't as much a concern? I'm on my 2nd battery for my Note 4 as is....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54