Need help on how to remove Teamwin Recovery (At&t)

CrazyCamel369#AC

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone, so I rooted my HTC One about two days ago and now I want to go back to fully stock HTC One. I seem to have already removed the root for my phone but this "teamwin" recovery is still there. How can I remove it? I appreciate all the responses and help I can get, thank you all.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone, so I rooted my HTC One about two days ago and now I want to go back to fully stock HTC One. I seem to have already removed the root for my phone but this "teamwin" recovery is still there. How can I remove it? I appreciate all the responses and help I can get, thank you all.

I don't know about HTC, but for a Samsung, you would need to flash a stock recovery back to your phone. I would guess that the same thing needs to be done.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Just run RUU. Download the RUU file to your computer, hook your phone up to it and then run and follow the prompts. It will put it back just like it came out of the box. Keep in mind you have to relock the bootloader first to run RUU. See the below with links to the RUU files. Just download the EXE file for your carrier.

AndroidFiles RUU

Alternatively, you can follow the below thread with a couple methods to get back to stock including running RUU.

[GUIDE] Complete Flashing Guide | Rooting | Going Back To Stock | 05.05.2013 - xda-developers

I personally prefer the RUU method to get back to stock. Just gives it a clean slate feel. Good luck.

CrazyCamel369#AC

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Just run RUU. Download the RUU file to your computer, hook your phone up to it and then run and follow the prompts. It will put it back just like it came out of the box. Keep in mind you have to relock the bootloader first to run RUU. See the below with links to the RUU files. Just download the EXE file for your carrier.

AndroidFiles RUU

Alternatively, you can follow the below thread with a couple methods to get back to stock including running RUU.

[GUIDE] Complete Flashing Guide | Rooting | Going Back To Stock | 05.05.2013 - xda-developers

I personally prefer the RUU method to get back to stock. Just gives it a clean slate feel. Good luck.

Perfect, thank you so much. I used the RUU method and everything seems good. Just to clear this up, if AT&T released an update I will have no trouble updating right?

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Perfect, thank you so much. I used the RUU method and everything seems good. Just to clear this up, if AT&T released an update I will have no trouble updating right?

Or you could have stayed rooted and updated whenever you wanted, instead of waiting for a bloated update from the carrier.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site

As long as you have stock recovery and your ROM is not rooted, you're good to go. So yes, you will receive the OTA update just fine.

A_Lariv

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I like the sort of offhand way you say you have to relock the bootloader, but don't give a hint as to how to do that or if that is even a part of using RUU.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hackemail