Need help optimizing trade in.... Pixel 2XL 128?

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey, All,

OK, so I have a Samsung Note 9 unlocked 512GB purple device.... I used to have a Pixel 2XL 128, but impatiently traded it in to take advantage of some awesome promos to get the Note 9 for nothing out of pocket (I had gift cards as well.). The Note 9 is fully paid off.

I'd like to get the Pixel 3XL from Best buy ad trade my Note 9 in at the time to reduce the overall cost and just pay off the difference instead of financing on my Verizon Bill.

Here's the issue. Since the Note 9 is so new, best buy says they don't even have a way to accept it back as a trade in yet until the device is about 6 months old. I find that hard to believe, but whatever...

So, I was thinking of trading my Note 9 for a Used Pixel 2XL + cash. That way, when my Pixel 3XL arrives from Best Buy, I'll have a Pixel 2XL device to trade in toward the Pixel 3XL plus that cash that I got.

I would think that there may be some Decent promos/incentives for trading in a Pixel 2XL for a Pixel 3XL. I could be wrong, but that's what I'm guessing.

So, what do you think would be my best option to maximize current situation?

I suppose I could always pre order through verizon and trade in then to knock my 24 monthly payments down.... But I think the best buy route is more flexible.

Thanks a ton in advance for helping me figure this out!

MooMooPrincess

Sep 25, 2017
Visit site
Just pay off your note 9, take the 3-400.00 hit on the 512 and then just get the 3xl. Or do google financing through their site. Or you can try upgrading through the version website

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I recently sold a 128GB Note 9 on Swappa for $800. After fees (Swappa and PayPal) and shipping I cleared about $735ish. But seeing the N9 is your sole phone makes the Swappa route rather difficult without dropping more on a temp phone... So it's a tricky predicament you've got!

Kinda weird BB doesn't have a trade in opinion for the Note 9!

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I would get the P3 @0% and than sell the 9...You are not shelling out hardly any money that way...

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I would get the P3 @0% and than sell the 9...You are not shelling out hardly any money that way...

Good point. I could get the Pixel on 24 month financing on my Verizon bill and then could probably sell the Note 9 locally or on swappa for within a few hundred of what the Pixel 3xl ends up being... And the just pay it all off at once

toiday

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Just use the Note 9 for a little longer. That won't kill you. I'm sure there will be some special for the 3XL coming after the excitement is settled down n

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia