Need some help with VZW S4 and Pioneer 4100NEX Android Auto

ph0nedawg

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
The new GPS can be installed even if you dont have root - it is just an app. It can be applied to all phones regardless of ROM being used. It came out yesterday but it might take weeks for the rollout to reach your phone. Go ahead and grab the version in my post.

jpcsoccer

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
pardon my stupidity, but i have never downloaded an app other than from the play store...
will i be able to figure out how to download this and in stall it? is it safe?

chomorro

May 14, 2015
Visit site
I just installed it. You just download it and it will tell you to check mark allow unknown sources.

I will see if it fixed anything on the head unit on my next break

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
I downloaded the new Google Play Services... my VZW S5 still isn't working, it appears. Unless there is also an Android Auto update that I'm missing.

ph0nedawg

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I downloaded the new Google Play Services... my VZW S5 still isn't working, it appears. Unless there is also an Android Auto update that I'm missing.
Did it not take you past the red screen? It took my S4 past the red screen. I cannot speak for the S5

Last edited:

chomorro

May 14, 2015
Visit site
The GPS update takes GS4 past the red screen. You are not even setup to get to the red screen. You will need to fix that first.
It's working for you on the Verizon s4? I can't think of anything else to do to fix it.

How do you connect? Bluetooth first, then settings to others usb2. Then connect phone and it should automatically pop up right?

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Did it not take you past the red screen? It took my S4 past the red screen. I cannot speak for the S5

I got the red screen on my phone. I clicked "Exit" and Android Auto went away. What are you doing with the S4? Which carrier do you use? I noticed that things pop up much more quickly once I pick up the phone and take it out of that dumb "installer" mode. Still goes to RSoD.

ph0nedawg

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
It's working for you on the Verizon s4? I can't think of anything else to do to fix it.

How do you connect? Bluetooth first, then settings to others usb2. Then connect phone and it should automatically pop up right?

I used CM 12.1 on Verizon GS4. It looks like jpcsoccer uses the stock ROM and was able to get to the red screen. I am waiting for him to try.

Read my first post in this thread and use those steps

chomorro

May 14, 2015
Visit site
There is no way to root the verizon s4 on lollipop but there is a way to down grade it and then root i think. I might go this route, if it bricks my phone. I wanted an s6 anyways lol.

I will use exactly what he used CM 12.1. Hopefully it works!

ph0nedawg

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
There is no way to root the verizon s4 on lollipop but there is a way to down grade it and then root i think. I might go this route, if it bricks my phone. I wanted an s6 anyways lol.

I will use exactly what he used CM 12.1. Hopefully it works!

You cant downgrade, you are stuck. That said, you need not get onto CM, the next GPS updates should unlock your ROM

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
franzmorais