Never rooted, updated to ota, now want to root.

CEaton

May 13, 2010
Visit site
This possible currently? Not afraid to load roms and such or go back to 2.1 to step up to rooted 2.2 do I need to wait for unrevoked to be updated for froyo or can I try it now? Or am I stuck?

Advice?

smallheadz

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Are you at 2.2 now or 2.1 ? If you are at 2.1ota yes its possible just use the simpleroot ota instructions. If you are at 2.2 unrooted you shall wait

h20squirter

Apr 19, 2010
www.rossmeadows.com
your best bet would have been to root, and then update to a rooted version of the OTA, or even better yet get CM6 or AVA or Toast's version of FroYo, or wait until after tuesday when the official final build of the OTA froyo will drop. now, you get to wait until one of the amazing dev's around here figures out how to get around HTC and Sprint's latest shielding.

SilverZero

May 21, 2010
Visit site
You can get the OTA manually if you want it, but Sprint will almost definitely release a new one next week. They are playing the community to get free bug testing. Don't think they're not lurking these forums, and XDA. :)

But it won't be long, there are already rooted 2.2 stock ROMs. I'd just wait until the rooting method is published and tested on the final stock release.

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
You can get the OTA manually if you want it, but Sprint will almost definitely release a new one next week. They are playing the community to get free bug testing. Don't think they're not lurking these forums, and XDA. :)

But it won't be long, there are already rooted 2.2 stock ROMs. I'd just wait until the rooting method is published and tested on the final stock release.

but he said he is at 2.2 OTA...

aimzmarie

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Manual 2.2 ota

i think it throws ppl off when you say OTA b/c it implies that you updated over the air. some ppl are eager for the OTA so when they see this post they probably are wondering how you got it already.

if you did it manual then it's just manual.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582