New 6p owner

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi, new 6p owner here. I've always been sort of a non Nexus type guy, but reading the glowing reviews of the 6p influenced me to trade in my note 5 at best buy, and snag a Nexus (32gb gold) at $450 with a $25 gift card. I must say, I'm really enjoying the clean stock Android, and the sheer speed of the device. I was having some call quality issues on Verizon, but they've appeared to go away. Other than that, I must say I'm a believer now:)

Posted via the Android Central App

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi, new 6p owner here. I've always been sort of a non Nexus type guy, but reading the glowing reviews of the 6p influenced me to trade in my note 5 at best buy, and snag a Nexus (32gb gold) at $450 with a $25 gift card. I must say, I'm really enjoying the clean stock Android, and the sheer speed of the device. I was having some call quality issues on Verizon, but they've appeared to go away. Other than that, I must say I'm a believer now:)

Welcome and enjoy your 6P, I've been enjoying mine since day 1. Really appreciate stock Android, fast updates and zero lag.

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
It's definitely it quicker than my Note 5 was and for significantly less money. No more carrier phones for me.

Nexus 6p, gold

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I have left Note 4 to Nexus 6 early in 2015 and been a Nexus lover since then. I now have both 6P and 5X. I also left VZ for project fi. I'm always on wifi at home and at work, using less than 300MB a month. So freaking cheap that way on project fi.

Sammytheorangutan

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I have left Note 4 to Nexus 6 early in 2015 and been a Nexus lover since then. I now have both 6P and 5X. I also left VZ for project fi. I'm always on wifi at home and at work, using less than 300MB a month. So freaking cheap that way on project fi.

I went from a Note Edge (same as the Note 4) on Sprint for my 6P on Project Fi. Nothing against either Sprint or the Note Edge (both are outstanding in my opinion) but can't compare to the 6P/Project Fi. I think I used 50mb (not counting wifi, of course) last month so the data bill was basically zero. $21 bill (not counting fees/taxes) sure beats an $80 bill for services I never used.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to join Fi so much, but their pricing killed it for me. For $60/month unlimited everything so I can't complain. My Fi bill would have been ridiculous last month lol

Attachments

• 20061.jpg
    20061.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 226

Sammytheorangutan

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I wanted to join Fi so much, but their pricing killed it for me. For $60/month unlimited everything so I can't complain. My Fi bill would have been ridiculous last month lol
Fi isn't for everyone. It's mostly for those that use wifi alot. If you mostly get your data OTA, it's probably cheaper to use a regular carrier. For those like me that get most of their data via wifi, you can't lose with Fi.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Fi isn't for everyone. It's mostly for those that use wifi alot. If you mostly get your data OTA, it's probably cheaper to use a regular carrier. For those like me that get most of their data via wifi, you can't lose with Fi.

Yea def. Of my 30+gb maybe 10-12 was WiFi. The rest was cellular data. I really want to use Fi, i just can't get my data under control.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Being am iOS user for many years, I walked away from an iPhone 6 plus for my 6p and will never go back!

I'm about to jump ship from my 6s Plus for either the 6P or the HTC 10. Can't decide. I'm tired of paying the Apple Tax for everything when I don't get really any better products. A 6P or a 10 and a Chromebook would serve me just fine over my iPhone and iPad Pro. And it would save me over $1k!

Good to see you're enjoying your time with your 6P!

jbergsing

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm about to jump ship from my 6s Plus for either the 6P or the HTC 10. Can't decide. I'm tired of paying the Apple Tax for everything when I don't get really any better products. A 6P or a 10 and a Chromebook would serve me just fine over my iPhone and iPad Pro. And it would save me over $1k!

I'd highly recommend the 6p. Pure Android is a wonder thing!

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I'd highly recommend the 6p. Pure Android is a wonder thing!

Yeah, it definitely is. And the 6P is a great phone. I'm kind of partial to smaller phones, and the 5X just doesn't have the storage I want. I'm torn. The 10 is pretty stinkin' close to stock Android, for what it's worth.

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site

Go with the Nexus, it won't feel old a month after you buy it.

Nexus 6p, gold

dandan1129

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
With project fi, do you notice worse battery life than with other.carriers? with my project fi I get 3 or so hours of screen on time. With my T-Mobile card I get about 4.5

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
With project fi, do you notice worse battery life than with other.carriers? with my project fi I get 3 or so hours of screen on time. With my T-Mobile card I get about 4.5

Don't really pay close attention to battery. Have charger at home and work. Juice not an issue for me at all. I charge up every time I'm around 50%. Sorry can't help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrussellcampbell