New Gear Manager

Batman8888

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I certainly hope that Samsung gets this ironed out, and SOON!!! My Gear 1 as a smart watch is not very smart when it can't connect to my phone AT ALL!

My feeling however, is that we won't see a real fix to this problem until Sammy updates the Gear 1 to Tizen. Then I bet we will finally see a much smoother transition when going from the Gear 1 to the Gear 2. Right now, trying to go from one to the other is basically becoming IMPOSSIBLE, which is also making my $300 smart watch, just a watch.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I finally got this Gear Manager update and I don't know what this version does, but I know what it "doesn't" do...it won't connect with my Gear 1 no matter WHAT!

The Gear 2 connects with no problem (as usual), but Gear Manager will NOT connect with my Gear 1 for S#IT!!!!

Are you trying to connect both watches at the same time? I read somewhere (maybe it was you) that in order to switch phones he had to forget the BT connection, reset Gear Manager and the watch, and start from scratch. Not very conducive to wearing a different watch from time to time.

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Got a new update this am. Ver. 2.1.14052101
I don't remember seeing the option to rename your Gear before, but it's there now. Not sure what else is new...

Batman8888

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info LizardChest! I hope this version helps with the major connection problems that prevent my GM from connecting to my Gear 1. The last update didn't seem to do much of anything. Connection to the Gear 2 is great as usual, whereas the Gear 1 is IMPOSSIBLE to reconnect to (especially if carrying a lot of apps/games on your phone)!

I guess this update is slow in it's rollout since every time I hit "Check for updates" I get the message that my device already has the latest updates installed. I'll probably see it in a day or so just like last time.

Please post any change logs folks if you find out what improvements have been added.

Thanks.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I guess this update is slow in it's rollout since every time I hit "Check for updates" I get the message that my device already has the latest updates installed. I'll probably see it in a day or so just like last time.

I only got the update notification after I rebooted my phone for another reason today. You might try that.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
You guys can get the update by going to Samsung Apps like I did on my wife's phone, ,which didn't have the update notice plastered across the opening screen of Gear Manager. My phone had it in GM; hers required a trip over to Samsung Apps. Search for GM, and you will see the UPDATE option (hopefully!).

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I remind all participants in the discussion of this thread , That :
Disruptive Posting - Posting of text, images or videos that have no relevance to the topic of the thread. This is different than the 'taking threads off topic' infraction, as disruptive posting is done with inflamatory intentions in mind.
or
Personal Attacks or Insults to Members - Constructive discussions, debates and free speech are encouraged in the forums. However, it is not constructive to either criticize or insult another member because their opinion differs from yours. Consider the tone of your posts before pressing the submit button. If your are irritated by a post, thread, question, or topic; you are in no way obligated to respond and are encouraged to move along to another thread.
will not be tolerated

I suggest some members participating in the discussion of this topic to review the guidelines here :
Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FABETTTTT