New Messages will not notify in sound or on homepage!

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Even though my sound option is on as a notification as well as vibrate are chosen.. Shows my messages icon it does not show the number at the bottom indicating new messages were received And my sound does not work when new text messages are received..

How can I fix or when is the next update?? Need Soulution!
(GalaxyS9)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you also checked the messaging app's notification settings to make sure everything is turned on correctly?

domer

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm also facing the same problem. Message notifications are on, app icon badges are on. The only way to see that I have new messages is by opening the app and then seeing unread messages. The problem for me is intermittent. I do not have a DND period set, and otherwise no restrictions on my messaging app. Help please!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm also facing the same problem. Message notifications are on, app icon badges are on. The only way to see that I have new messages is by opening the app and then seeing unread messages. The problem for me is intermittent. I do not have a DND period set, and otherwise no restrictions on my messaging app. Help please!
Try go into settings>general>reset >reset settings

domer

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Device is restarting now. I should have mentioned that this started happening on my Note 9 as well. I now have a Note 10 Plus on AT&T. I did not restore via backup when I got the Note 10.

domer

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I've cleared cache memory, but cleared again after your suggestion. No dice. Yesterday notifications started coming in again, but just inexplicably stopped.

domer

May 18, 2010
Visit site
The problem has been happening on Google Messages as well as stock Samsung app. I'll try deleting Google Messages, and using the stock app again. Thanks again for all of your help and suggestions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fakharzaman003