new phone - google related apps disabled (specifically youtube) - How do I fix this?

Phillip Sachs

Jul 20, 2018
Visit site
I bought a new s7, was unable to install youtube because according to playstore it is already installed and "disabled". If I then click on it in playstore, the "enable" button does nothing. If I go to settings, in my app list youtube does not show up, even if I categorize apps based on enabled/disabled apps.

I upgraded the phone with security patches and finally to android 8.0 after having this problem to see if it provided any change and it did not.

I downloaded a youtube apk to install to try and get the app online and that did nothing after finishing it said something like, "all processes have been blocked or blah blah related to action blah blah blah?" i don't know.

When I search "google" in play store the following items show up as disabled: YouTube, Google Drive, Google Play Movies & TV, Google Pay, Android System WebView, Hangouts.

Like youtube, none of these apps change if I click the enable option.

I have not tried to use google pay on this phone yet or any other of the disabled apps.
Also, I still have an older phone without an active SIM card (LG G3) that is logged into youtube and possibly google drive and a bunch of other google things.

My sole focus is getting YouTube to work in the standalone application not a web browser.

I'm hoping I am just unfamiliar with navigating my phone and its a simple setting fix.
Any help or input would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you get this phone directly from a carrier, or unlocked from somewhere on the web? What's the exact model number of the phone? I'm wondering if it's a variant that was intended for a region without access to Google services (or perhaps the seller had rooted it and flashed a different ROM that is causing the problem).

Phillip Sachs

Jul 20, 2018
Visit site
I bought the phone off amazon. My carrier is verizon. It came in a verizon box that was sealed but was listed on amazon as unlocked GSM/CDMA compatible.

There was a sticker on the back of the phone with likely useful information that I tossed.

Model Number: SM-G930V
Hardware version: REV0.6

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enid