New radio and constant reboots...

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear that.

I guess I should have laid off the instability code and random reboots I added.

Seems to me you could have handled this with a little more tact, no?

Remember, it's not a bug. It's a feature. ;)

Running the new radio with 1.5 and only issue is that switching from 3G to 4G takes forever, but that was the case before I upgraded the radio.

aBoldPatriotsFan

Android Enthusiast
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
That is more than likely where your problems are stemming from. Your phone might also be overclocked too high. I've had no random reboots on 1.5 with a clean flash and the extracted radio file.

Im not overclocked. Atleast i dont think iam? I will try just the Radio only and see what happens from there. Thanks

Go to that site. Go to forums>thunderbolt beta>1.4>download.

Boogie, he couldnt have made it easier. I literally wanted it handed to me. Now if someone could download it for me?? Haha

**EDIT**

One more thing it rebooted one more time but this time my phone was just laying there. Had been for about hour and i noticed it when the screen came on with the white HTC screen. That was when i knew i needed to get this fixed.

Reactions: L_Boogie820

aBoldPatriotsFan

Android Enthusiast
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
One random reboot at 1030a today and flickering between 3g and nothing ...I just don't get it

Hmm... I dont want to jinx myself but since flashing just the radio file last night. I have actually had better connection? But in 3G we dont have 4G here, and i live out in the sticks. I have not had one reboot. Adrynalyne just posted some packages for us to try out.

Hope one works for you. If i get the reboot i hope one of them works for me hehe

aBoldPatriotsFan

Android Enthusiast
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Well i think i dont know what else i should do. I had though about loading MikMik's 1.4 beta but boogie thats what your running with the issues same as me. I have just had a spontaneous reboot since flashing the Radio only file late last night. SO i thought i was in the clear.

Boogie what have you done? Have you tried any of those packages Adrynalyne posted??

L_Boogie820

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Well i think i dont know what else i should do. I had though about loading MikMik's 1.4 beta but boogie thats what your running with the issues same as me. I have just had a spontaneous reboot since flashing the Radio only file late last night. SO i thought i was in the clear.

Boogie what have you done? Have you tried any of those packages Adrynalyne posted??

As I write this, Im flashing the second version Adrynaline has on the page which is the new cdma radio and old lte radio...ill test that one out then try the next one...and keep trying until this problem no longer exists. lol

stuckhere4ever

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
As I write this, Im flashing the second version Adrynaline has on the page which is the new cdma radio and old lte radio...ill test that one out then try the next one...and keep trying until this problem no longer exists. lol

Let us know what fixes it. I'm suspecting based on the fact that I'm not having the problem, its the LTE radio portion of the file, but I'd be really curious to know what you find out.

L_Boogie820

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Let us know what fixes it. I'm suspecting based on the fact that I'm not having the problem, its the LTE radio portion of the file, but I'd be really curious to know what you find out.

you know whats funny? I live in a 3G area but work in a 4G area(NYC metro). I had 4G on all day and not one reboot...im driving home from work not too long ago and it switched smoothly from 4G to 3G....then like 10 minutes later, I literally had two reboots....so Idk...maybe its the 3G radio?

stuckhere4ever

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
you know whats funny? I live in a 3G area but work in a 4G area(NYC metro). I had 4G on all day and not one reboot...im driving home from work not too long ago and it switched smoothly from 4G to 3G....then like 10 minutes later, I literally had two reboots....so Idk...maybe its the 3G radio?

Hmm maybe it is. Its funny though, because I live in a 4G area, but don't get it at my house, so I have it off. Haven't had any problems with reboots at all. Maybe its just good luck on my part, I'll light up my 4G tomorrow when I go out and give it a try and see what happens.

aBoldPatriotsFan

Android Enthusiast
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
It might be the transition from 4G to 3G. Although i live in an all 3g area No 4g at ALL. So mine shouldn't switch from 4G to 3G at all. But i do live in an area where my 3G goes out and comes back and the boots have only happened at home.

I flashed option #2 it seems that it had the same 3G radio that was already on it. So i will report back.

L_Boogie820

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
What I'm also thinking is maybe its the new RUU framework in general. For instance...my battery, after use was not moving what so ever. Lets say it was at 43%....it would stay that way until a random reboot then all of a sudden show 22%. Idk, that's one thing I noticed.

stuckhere4ever

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
What I'm also thinking is maybe its the new RUU framework in general. For instance...my battery, after use was not moving what so ever. Lets say it was at 43%....it would stay that way until a random reboot then all of a sudden show 22%. Idk, that's one thing I noticed.

I've been noticing whenever I do a reboot (mine have all been planned for one reason or another), my battery will drop 10-15% also. Coming from a Storm 2 before this phone, I'm horribly used to that, and figured it was normal.

Given how buggy this RUU is, I suspect we'll see another iteration of it before any sort of official release.

L_Boogie820

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
It might be the transition from 4G to 3G. Although i live in an all 3g area No 4g at ALL. So mine shouldn't switch from 4G to 3G at all. But i do live in an area where my 3G goes out and comes back and the boots have only happened at home.

I flashed option #2 it seems that it had the same 3G radio that was already on it. So i will report back.

Report sir?

aBoldPatriotsFan

Android Enthusiast
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Considering the same

It really has helped my signal reception, battery life has not improved nor gotten worse. IDK i was upset at first but i would much rather have better signal with an occasional reboot than losing signal constantly like i did before this new radio. So i'm going to stick with it.

Hope you can get yours fixed.

L_Boogie820

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
It really has helped my signal reception, battery life has not improved nor gotten worse. IDK i was upset at first but i would much rather have better signal with an occasional reboot than losing signal constantly like i did before this new radio. So i'm going to stick with it.

Hope you can get yours fixed.

Well lets just say I just came in from the city and my 4G in the middle of the city kept going in and out...that was with the second option radio....gonna try the 3rd one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jason S