New to Android and Extremely Happy with my One X+

Noldorian

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I've had an iphone for years (starting with the 3G) and when my iPhone 4's power button finally failed, I decided to go over to Android via the One X+.

I'd already been looking at other Android phones, doing some research over the past few months. Lots of great devices but it came down to a Samsung phone and HTC's phone. I can slam Apple for many things (screens too small, iOS's lack of innovation and customization, etc.) but I can't fault them for their amazing screen *clarity*. My iPhone 4's screen was beautiful and bright, it was one of the reasons why I was never all that anxious to change to Android. I saw the Samsung screens on the GS3 and the Note 1 and finally the Note 2. None of them were bright enough for me -- they all seemed kind of dim -- and, frankly, I could see pixels. It felt like a downgrade to me. (not trying to slam Samsung here, they have great phones; I'm merely mentioning them because they're the big sellers in the Android marketplace.)

On the other hand, HTC's One X and X+ screens are amazing. Super bright, amazing resolution. Yea, there are other options when it comes to nice screens but this HTC device checked all the boxes for me.

The phone itself is great, I haven't had any problems at all and I've either found Android-versions of all my fave iOS apps or Android-native apps that are just as good. Android feels stable as a rock, I love the ability to customize and I love having 64 GB built in.

I'm a totally happy convert to Android and HTC. If you're like me, someone coming over from iOS, don't sweat it. You'll love what you're changing over to, just take your time and find the right device.

And, I gotta say, I love having the choice and the options.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to Android!!

I recently got an HOX+ and couldn't be happier! The screen is amazing and I love all that onboard memory too.

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Yup got my One X last month and sold my iPhone 5 today. Not looking back, now that Steve Jobs isn't around. So sad to see Apple stagnate like this but still be so "arrogant". Just not the same anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Simplyy Cyn

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I was able to use and compare it to my iPhone 5. heres a snippet of my review. I'm also giving One away: Simply Cyn: HAPPY MONDAY: YOU GET A FREE PHONE

1.) DESIGN / FEEL: The HTC One X is a well designed and attractive looking phone with little to no pieces protruding from the case. Because its larger, I expected the HTC to be heavy, but it is actually very thin and feels much lighter than the iPhone. Its rubberized case makes for an easy and good grip. I like that you don't really need a case for this. It already survived one drop test at a restaurant. Unfortunately, the wider size made it a little difficult to use with just one hand. It actually got uncomfortable after a while but this may depend on the size of your hands and maybe some practice. The volume buttons on the HTC are flush to the case which makes it somewhat difficult quickly increase / decrease volume without feeling around for it.
WINNER: TIE

2.) SCREEN QUALITY: For basic browsing, you can't really see many differences. However, when I used Instagram, I noticed images were sharper, crisper and more true color on the iPhone due to the retina display. HTC has room for improvement here.
WINNER: IPHONE 5

3.) YOUTUBE: This was not even a competition. HTC was head over heels better. First there's the bigger screen. YouTube videos take up the entire 4.7inch screen on the HTC and look amazing! YouTube is not optimized for the iPhone 5. In addition. YouTube HD video on HTC looked like HD and looked worse than standard definition on the iPhone. I have to say that video loaded faster on the iPhone using the same WiFi network, but overall it just looked way better on the HTC.
WINNER: HTC One X

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seth59