new to android/nexus, how can i maximize battery life?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
There is no magic sauce. If you use your phone it will drain. Your goal should be to get around 15 hours unplugged with around 4 hours of on screen time. There are only a few phones that can do more than this.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
This was a pretty dead forum but try looking into conditioning guides and other things, they have some information on what NOT to do with your LiOn Battery

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Juice Defender with underclocking. Wi-Fi on. Just look at the graph the other stats don't count yet because of reboots. Obviously the excerpt shown is in sleep mode.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356382536758.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356382536758.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

jordandj24

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
There is no magic sauce. If you use your phone it will drain. Your goal should be to get around 15 hours unplugged with around 4 hours of on screen time. There are only a few phones that can do more than this.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Agree. I never understand why people would regularly turn off services such as GPS or 3G or turn their screen down to preserve battery. What do you use your phone to do? If you can get 12-15 hours of usage,I think that's pretty good. For the most part, you may be able to recharge during the day from a wall outlet, computer or car charger. If you can't, I understand the need to get the most out of the battery. Maybe I'm just in the minority here but I don't mind charging my phone every night or throughout the day as needed.

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Agree. I never understand why people would regularly turn off services such as GPS or 3G or turn their screen down to preserve battery. What do you use your phone to do? If you can get 12-15 hours of usage,I think that's pretty good. For the most part, you may be able to recharge during the day from a wall outlet, computer or car charger. If you can't, I understand the need to get the most out of the battery. Maybe I'm just in the minority here but I don't mind charging my phone every night or throughout the day as needed.

It's fun to find the right balance between performance and battery life. Also if you can't charge for whatever reason you know how to stretch things. Particularly since we can't live without our phones nowadays.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Martin_Markov