new to having the SG3 and its driving me crazy already

MADYIN

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
The big issue with Kies is really that the drivers don't work well with many USB chipsets. NVIDIA may make a good graphics chip, but their motherboard chipsets are pathetic when it comes to driver quality. In many cases, there are issues with some ports working properly with Kies and others not.

Kies does have the "diagnose connection problems" as something to try. You can also try plugging your phone in to the computer, then on the phone, go to the notification about "connected to USB" and then change to camera mode. Settings -> Developer Options and then turn on USB debugging can also help in some cases.

And then, make sure you are running from an administrator account. What version of Windows, or MacOS are you running on the computer?

- - - Updated - - -

Another thing to try, use Kies from a different computer when all else fails.
,thanks again,but tried that as well and i am using windows vista

- - - Updated - - -

Uninstall Kies via control panel, then reinstall. After reinstalling check to see if Kies is up to date, if not update then restart computer, then plug phone and try again. Also, try connecting to a USB port on the back of CP rather than the one in the front.

lol lol tried all that too

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok, running out of ideas..................but I will keep trying. In vista check to see what version of "Windows Media Player" you have, it should be 11 or above in order for MTP to work. Also, check to see if you have a yellow exclamation next to any of the Samsung drivers in "Device Manager", if so uninstall them and then re-install drivers.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
What do you need to transfer?
I use Sugarsync to sync to the cloud over WiFi and to sync that to my PC. That takes care of my photos and documents. 5GB free.

I also use FolderSync to back up / sync my entire SD card (i carry around a few LARGE videos) directly to a shared directory on my laptop over WiFi.
The only wire I touch now is a charge cord.

My SIII will not reliably connect to the USB on my laptop either. The WiFi work around is actually working out better then USB anyway.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Contact Samsung Live Chat support on Samsung.com. They are 24/7 and should be able to help or you can also call them. Support is free there.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung S3

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am confused on why to even use Kies... At all? I don't have Kies installed on my windows 7 PC and I plug it in.. PC sees it as it would any thumb drive. I then browse it like a hard drive.. If I wanted pictures to be transferred i go into the folder and simply copy/cut then paste.

Am I missing something? Never understood why people troubleshoot it so hard when Kies has been known to cause mad mad issues. :confused:

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Are you hooking the phone up to a USB hub or directly to the PC USB port? I had problems with Win7 seeing the phone when it was plugged into a powered hub. Also, did you ever get the phone to connect but got errors? In that case you may need to go to the PC control panel, remove the USB devices and restart PC so it scans again. Good luck!

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
hopeless for UK phone users,US support only
I have to admit I find it hard to believe that there's no Samsung support for UK users. They're a global company. I admit I have no way of knowing, though, since I'm in the US and have never checked for other support. But a quick check on Google for Samsung UK support brings up the following page which is actually dedicated to UK support:

Contact Us - Samsung

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
When you look at your installed programs in the Control Panel, do you see "Samsung USB Driver for Mobile Phones"? If you do, what version does it show? My PC shows the installed driver version 1.5.15.0. When I plug in a "miniUSB" cable into my PC, and then plug the "mini" end into my phone, the phone is recognized after a about a minute. At first, it's recognized as a "Verizon CD", then turns into "SCH-I535". So it does take a minute or so. Then it shows both the "Phone" and the "Card", when you click on the model number (SCH-I535).

I used Kies first, and part of installing that was installing the USB drivers. Kies is long gone, it was not reliable at all, and I don't need it, but with just the USB drivers, the PC recognizes the phone fine. I'm wondering if the drivers are installed properly? Have you tried uninstalling them, and re-installing?

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
ifui2QgSg8r4C.jpg
There seems to be a plethora of solutions in this forum thread. No rhyme or reason why some work or some don't. I have Windows XP and I have had no problems connecting through MTP or Kies. It seems to be hit or miss on why given the same operating system one will work and the other won't.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 54966
There seems to be a plethora of solutions in this forum thread. No rhyme or reason why some work or some don't. I have Windows XP and I have had no problems connecting through MTP or Kies. It seems to be hit or miss on why given the same operating system one will work and the other won't.
Many times it depends on what other programs you have installed. Sometimes they conflict with each other.

Avenger

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I've had inconsistent results with everything set up and installed the same. I have found drivers from prior phones can conflict as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lala2324