new to having the SG3 and its driving me crazy already

MADYIN

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Ok, couple of things..

Do you or do you not have Kies even installed on your computer?

Have you tried another micro USB cord by chance?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, couple of things..

Do you or do you not have Kies even installed on your computer?

Have you tried another micro USB cord by chance?

hi,yes had kies installed and uninstalled various times since i started reading this forum and tried 4 different leads,all same outcome,i want to smash my PC and phone up,technology that doesn't work drives me insane

JudH

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Someone's already mentioned Kies isn't the only sync option. I use My Phone Explorer to sync to Outlook and to move files back and forth both manually and syncing multiple folders. It has USB and Bluebooth support but WiFi is easier and doesn't require drivers.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
the drivers wont install,it come up failed and i don't see any sign of anything in MY computer other than what's normally there
This is the problem. You have to make sure that your Vista PC has all the current updates (do this first). Now follow these instructions to install the Samsung drivers which I already gave you the link to.
How To Update Drivers in Windows Vista
This should sort out the problem, if you are not comfortable doing this wait for your friend to do it for you (this is probably what he will do).

PGorbas

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
You SHOULD have no problems syncing either with USB or Kies - if not your drivers may be screwed up.

This thread has instructions to restore a working driver.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-galaxy-s-iii/211993-hardware-id-missing-error.html

- - - Updated - - -

You SHOULD have no problems syncing either with USB or Kies - if not your drivers may be screwed up.

This thread has instructions to restore a working driver.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-galaxy-s-iii/211993-hardware-id-missing-error.html

ybcthanerd

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
i use vista the now while using chrome as a browser and have never had any hassles from all other smart phones i have had,but my mate that does PC repairs is coming up to look through my system and clear it all out and install windows 7 or 8 and see if that helps me with the phone problem,if not,then my PC will at least run better and would love to have the cash for a chromebook
tha new acer chromebook is only $200

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Basically gave up on Kies as well and connect via wi-fi although with blue tooth, dlna and a variety of other connectivity options I've had no problem after forgetting about Kies. Without Kies it just comes up as an external device that I can drag and drop to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

typehydro

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
This is definitely a vista problem. Are you sure the drivers you installed are specifically for vista?
If your going to install windows 7 i'd just wait for that and give up trying to solve driver issues. Usually once it's defunct it'll take registry edits to fully correct. Plus with win7 you dont even need to install drivers. Just plug it in and it takes care of it for you. =)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abhishek397