New to the Note 8 - Not liking the edges

fireidiot

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
So I'm just wondering if it's me, but the way that I hold the phone with two hands, sometimes my fingers are resting on the sides of the screen. Occasionally this touch prevents me from doing something or it slides the screen up and down. I've disabled the edge components, but it's still happening. Worth mentioning that I just got it and there isn't a case on it just yet.

Anyone else having this problem, and what did you do to correct it?

NiffiIsenguard

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I'm pretty sure there's a setting to remove accietnsl touches but as soon as I threw it in a case I found I wasn't doing it often. not even a bulky case a rather thin one

Smply_Rckless

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
It's the way you're holding it. I have my thumb almost on the edge of the screen & other fingers on the other side almost identical. I would get a case that covers the edges better than other cases

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have a case on mine probably 99% of the time. Right now I'm holding it with two hands, pinkies supporting the bottom, other fingers around the back for support and thumbs up for typing. My hands are angled a little away so they're not crowding on the phone. I don't get the accidental touches.

Sometimes I'll hold it one handed and have fingers in the same type of position, but obviously hand is held at a winder angle to hold the phone. I don't usually hold it similar to holding a canned beverage, I hold it more like it's setting on the fingers. Hard to explain lol.

Also recently got one of those pop socket things and that's been handy too. When I'm sitting at work I usually have it setup with my Bluetooth keyboard so I can type with that and the phone is positioned up on the popsocket stand.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
it's the edge design. I had the same problem with the note 7. and I have it with the note 8. I've tried various cases, etc. but the problem remains. it's a design issue that likely won't go away since Sammy wants the income that will be generated by screens that break due to the curves. definitely a form over function design choice.

blemoon42

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Love the pop sockets, I think that would help too I usually put my pointer finger and middle to get around the pop socket
they have alot to choose from too 😊

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
it's the edge design. I had the same problem with the note 7. and I have it with the note 8. I've tried various cases, etc. but the problem remains. it's a design issue that likely won't go away since Sammy wants the income that will be generated by screens that break due to the curves. definitely a form over function design choice.
This

fireidiot

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I put on a Spigen case today. Seems like it's helping, we shall see what happens when I put on the screen protector.

I figure if it really doesn't work, I can always go to the S8 Active. Looks ulgy, but the screen is squared off.

Excetera

Jan 28, 2018
Visit site
you don't describe the problem well but i know explaining device problems is spmetimes difficult. I usually hold Note8 with one hand and as i scroll it often "catches" on a screen item and activates that button - to my dismay. I have it in a lipped case so i don't notice any edge problem in particular. I might add, after 2 months i have yet to use the pen.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
you don't describe the problem well but i know explaining device problems is spmetimes difficult. I usually hold Note8 with one hand and as i scroll it often "catches" on a screen item and activates that button - to my dismay. I have it in a lipped case so i don't notice any edge problem in particular. I might add, after 2 months i have yet to use the pen.
If you're having difficulty using it with one hand, you can always activate one hand mode when needed.