New update??

robocp4

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
ok so i have not rooted or froyo or GB my X.

I have system version Version.2.3.340.MB810.verizon,en.US
Today i have an update available that is says... a software update 4.5.596.en.US is available

So does this mean my phone will now be 4.5 instead of 2.3??

robocp4

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
No i dont have Froyo or GB. I still have a stock VZW phone.

So i did the update and hate it lol. There is a dock now on the bottom and i have no clue how to switch them to other things. Also in the notification bar there is a symbol similar to when your phone backs up with back up assistant I have no clue what it is or how to get rid of it. It is not back up assistant since that has a certain sync time.

Also If i wanted to switch back to the 4.5.588 instead of this update 4.5.596 how could i, if i could, do this?

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Hahaha I'm sorry your last post reminded me of when I bought my Aunt her new microwave, it was almost youtube worthy.

Anyway yes there are alot of changes to the new non rooted OTA(aka .596 GB). Welcome to Gingerbread and hope you enjoyed Froyo because that is what you had when you had .340
And since you updated, the only way to go back is to sbf to Froyo(then do the update path to .588 as you mentioned which is GB not Froyo) because the other sbf we have is for .596 stock OTA which is what you are on right now. Got it?

robocp4

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
NO i dont got it ??? Im so confused.

Welcome to GB?? I never had that nor have i had Froyo. I never did anything to my phone other than download games and all lol

Also what is that arrow symbol then at the top in my notification bar?

blaidth

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
This makes me LOL
sorry robocp4- But just because it was stock doesn't mean it wasn't froyo. My phone came stock with froyo from verizon. The update that came through is Gingerbread. And the dock on the bottom was there before, but you had only 3 spots instead of 4. and i don't think you could change your old dock. (old dock just had Apps and Phone and ?? The new one has Apps Phone Contacts and text.
To change things on your dock just long press them wait for vibrate and then wait for add to dock come up. then choose yuor poison.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Yup your running the latest Android software for your device. You have .596 Gingerbread. And you seem confused in your posts, but how did you know about the 4.5.588 version??

robocp4

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Yup your running the latest Android software for your device. You have .596 Gingerbread. And you seem confused in your posts, but how did you know about the 4.5.588 version??

Well I knew bout. 588 cause that's what was on my X.

So GB huh? Is there a way to
1. Make the keyboard diff, the letters r to small
2. How do it get rid of that symbol in the status bar..... its annoying me a ton.
3. I used to b able to click on contacts then slide to the right n get a history screen is there a way to get to that?
4. Why dnt I get rid of the keyboard like before. I mean I can still slide it but not all the time and these keys I have to push harder to.

SouthernSaltine

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
LMAO.. This thread is so good.. It reminds me of the time I went to the Dr. and they told me I had Crabs.. I told them i don't got no crabs only a few gold fish; I'm just itchy down there!:confused:

So GB huh? Is there a way to
1. Make the keyboard diff, the letters r to small You should be able to download a new one from the market
2. How do it get rid of that symbol in the status bar..... its annoying me a ton.Try pulling the Battery if you haven't tried that yet
3. I used to b able to click on contacts then slide to the right n get a history screen is there a way to get to that?GB done away with History option
4. Why dont I get rid of the keyboard like before. I mean I can still slide it but not all the time and these keys I have to push harder to. See #1

jonathon1289

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Posts like these make me bang my head n my desk...

"ok so i have not rooted or froyo or GB my X.

I have system version Version.2.3.340.MB810.verizon,en.US..."
But Then...."Well I knew bout. 588 cause that's what was on my X."

The guy is obviously just posting crap. If he was on .588 he would not get the .596 OTA prompt. If he was on .340 stock and as Android smart as the posts sound, he wouldn't be on or possibly even know about .588 So just keep laughing, that is all this thread will be good for.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Yea I knew where the thread was going, thats why I called him/her out on the .588. I was just trying to maintain my helpful-ness in a nice way. Knew someone would say something. Might as well close this thread.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I think you should just take your phone to a Verizon store and ask them for help/instruction. If you don't even realize that you were running Froyo, I think that trying to sbf back to it will be a disaster. You probably need to accept that you have a new OS (Gingerbread), it may not be what you like (nothing new ever is), start getting used to it and move on.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Well since the OP took this thread in this direction, my suggestion would be to put the phone in the microwave for 10 seconds, this will update and cure your phone of everything. This thread as others have mentioned should now be closed.

robocp4

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Wow really?
Anyways my battery life sux I now only have 20% life left after 5 hrs. This GB update has my phone constantly syncing with something and I dont know what or how to un sync it.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
He also hit the "[OFFICIAL] Droid X Gingerbread Impressions and Issues" thread with something about the keyboard syncing too much killing his battery in GB. So I guess we can keep commenting on his foolishness here until the mods close this for us

robocp4

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
So is this post a joke or are you really looking for help?

seriously i was looking for help but apparently no one on here wants to help and they all think its just a joke.

I need to fix my phone and it syncing all the time. My battery went from lasting 13 hrs to now only 4.5 hours. Its constantly syncing with something but idk what. Its upsetting me since i need my phone as I work 10 n 12 hour days and can not keep a charger with me.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
seriously i was looking for help but apparently no one on here wants to help and they all think its just a joke.

I need to fix my phone and it syncing all the time. My battery went from lasting 13 hrs to now only 4.5 hours. Its constantly syncing with something but idk what. Its upsetting me since i need my phone as I work 10 n 12 hour days and can not keep a charger with me.

If it were my phone doing that, I'd do a factory reset, but this thread reads like that's a bit more than you should try doing by yourself. Take it to verizon and work with a rep. You need more hands on help than the back and forth this thread is providing.

Reactions: jerseyboy357