New user here.

downhillrider

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello. I ordered and recieved my 1st android phone today. The HTC One. So far I like it alot. I came from iPhone 5 and a Nokia 920. Decided carrying around 2 phones was getting old. One question I have is, can I get a preview of a message while using games? In iOS if i was playing Subway Surf for example I would get notified a couple of different ways of a message with a brief preview of it. So far on my One I just get a chime with a notification light. Or is this the way Android does it.. THX

btw does the HTC One have the smallest cord in the world, sheesh.

MikeDubC

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Welcome! I dont think there is a way to see it with most games. However if you open the game back up from the task manager rather than the app launcher it usually picks up right where you left off.

As for the cord, its a standard cheap cord, you can get any size you want for cheap(sub $1).

downhillrider

May 17, 2013
Visit site
thanks. one thing that I cant figure out how to solve. When downloading images from say my skydrive account, it saves to my SD card and I cant attach it to a text message. Someone told me you can select to save an image to where you can see it in the Gallery. I cant seem to find that option.

Russ Smith

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello. I ordered and recieved my 1st android phone today. The HTC One. So far I like it alot. I came from iPhone 5 and a Nokia 920. Decided carrying around 2 phones was getting old. One question I have is, can I get a preview of a message while using games? In iOS if i was playing Subway Surf for example I would get notified a couple of different ways of a message with a brief preview of it. So far on my One I just get a chime with a notification light. Or is this the way Android does it.. THX

btw does the HTC One have the smallest cord in the world, sheesh.

Ninja pro allows you to read full conversation and reply over the top of any app running.
First small pic:
uploadfromtaptalk1370587981301.jpg
Then mini conversation
uploadfromtaptalk1370587997637.jpg
Or full screen, or transparent :)
uploadfromtaptalk1370588023466.jpguploadfromtaptalk1370588063410.jpg

Sent from my HTC One

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
This is a unique quirk of the One. On other Android flagships while playing a game or using another fullscreen app in landscape if a notification comes in you can grab the notification shade to see whatever message you received and decide whether to reply. The game is paused. The One doesn't allow that and often times if you try to multi task and go to the notification the game app will refresh. Kinda annoying but not everyone is bothered by it.

That being said there are various apps in the play store that offer the functionality you seek. Search for iPhone notifications.

Posted via Android Central App

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I like the app but I would like a free version to try first before buying something I may not want to buy.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flower_tunnel65